The (ma)kala family

kala's r kool FACT

Well, I've only had it a few minutes! Saw it for sale just a few miles from work. Snap decision and one phone call later and it was mine!
Came with a low G which I tried briefly before discarding and replacing with a spare guitar E string. So only had a few strums but already it sounds great!
Nice and warm but punchy when strummed a little harder. Intonation is absolutely spot on.
Only thing I don't like so far is that the nut is a little prominent and sharp but I can round the corners off it easily enough.

Congrats on the new Kala Acacia tenor. I just got one last week. Can't seem to find them anywhere locally anymore. I have the stock Aquilas on them for now. Not a big fan of the sound with Aquilas and waiting for some Worth Clear low g hard from UkeRepublic to come in. Hopefully for this wknd. I'm tempted to gloss this one up like my acacia concert size but the 12+hrs of buffing I'm not ready to get into just yet. :p

This came with Aquilas and now that I've given it a high G it sounds very nice indeed but yes - I think some Worths are probably in its near future.
I know lots of folk like the sound of a low G on a Tenor but - meh - just can't get on with it.

I saw your polished up concert - looked fantastic! Not sure I'd have the nerve though...

Top Bottom