how to upload songs to 'soundcloud'

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang

I just joined 'soundcloud', but being technologically backward, have no idea how to get it working.

I have a CD with a few songs I want to upload but don't know how..do I have to get it onto my 'harddrive' first????

aaaaarggghh...any help would be apreciated

yours, frustrated
eugene

Since nobody else has answered, I will take a shot at it. I am not up at all on IPods or IPads so my answer relects the use of a Windows based computer to upload a song. If you used some software like Windows Media player to burn the your CD, the tracks probably all have the extension *.CDA (CD Audio). If this is the case you will need to rip the files from the CD.

1. Start Windows Media player
2. Go to TOOLS -> Options -> Rip Music tab.
3. Make sure that the filetype is set to MP3.
4. You can also choose a folder where you want the files ripped to.
5. Put the CD in.
6. Choose the RIP button at the top.
7. Select the songs you want ripped onto your computer as MP3s

After that when you go to SoundCloud or any file sharing site, and you choose UPLOAD, you should be able to browse to the folder on your computer where your MP3s are.

If you are using a Mac, the process will be similar.

thanks a lot Doug, I'll go and try to do it. So frustrated with myself at not being computer savvy. Really appreciate the post mate, cheers.

You're welcome. I didn't include further instructions because you never know where the line is where you are being helpful or just insulting someone's knowledge. If you need any more help just ask.

Glad you got it worked out. Like your songs-You'd fit in with our group of musicians here in our small town. When you decide you need to move to a place with 6 months of winter we can help you find a house.

<edit> ah crap, I didn't notice it was a spamtard responding to an old thread.

Top Bottom