Damaged 1915 Jonah Kumalae Soprano prefer trade...make offer..

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
I have a 1915 Jonah Kumalae soprano, made in hawaii that Im posting to gauge interest in. I would prefer a trade for it, but if someone wants to make a cash offer feel free. This ukulele needs alot of work though it has multiple body cracks, and the the bridge has been poorly reglued (by me). As it sits right now if you can make it stay in tune it is playable, but how much longer it will last without being repaired I have no clue. The neck however is in great shape. As Im not into putting a bunch of money into fixing it I figure Ill offer it here, and maybe someone who collects these things and can repair themselves will be interested. Id be into swapping for something playable...make offers..!cid__1026012103a.jpg!cid__1026012103.jpg!cid__1026012102.jpg!cid__1026012101a.jpg!cid__1026012101.jpg

I have a 1915 Jonah Kumalae soprano, made in hawaii that Im posting to gauge interest in. I would prefer a trade for it, but if someone wants to make a cash offer feel free. This ukulele needs alot of work though it has multiple body cracks, and the the bridge has been poorly reglued (by me). As it sits right now if you can make it stay in tune it is playable, but how much longer it will last without being repaired I have no clue. The neck however is in great shape. As Im not into putting a bunch of money into fixing it I figure Ill offer it here, and maybe someone who collects these things and can repair themselves will be interested. Id be into swapping for something playable...make offers..View attachment 29406View attachment 29407View attachment 29408View attachment 29409View attachment 29410[/QUOTE
I'll send you a PM.....I am still intrested...I will try and bring it back to it's former glory....

Last edited:
I have info that suggests the price of these and their worth..I will PM you....they were not too popular and there is quite a few of them out there ...anyways a ball park figure...

I have info that suggests the price of these and their worth..I will PM you....they were not too popular and there is quite a few of them out there ...anyways a ball park figure...
Good luck Stan. I hope you get it and can make it right. I think you deserve it.

Thank You Mark...My sister needs a uke...I think shipping a uke from hawaii will be too expensive..rather pay cash...hope he gives in....
I'm rooting for you. Your a good guy. Let him have it mr seller.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as I'm sure Jon is and all of UU is also.

C'mon now.....a gang ukulele guilt trip? Honestly guys he made a fair offer, and if it wasnt for the insane shipping across the ocean Id take it. The shipping costs however comprise almost half of said offer, and if I get rid of this Id like to be able to replace it with another which just wouldnt be feasible with the leftover funds......why I was more looking just to swap with someone...Eugene why dont you trade me even up for one of those incredible looking mya moes, and then you could sell it to him ;) hehe....

C'mon now.....a gang ukulele guilt trip? Honestly guys he made a fair offer, and if it wasnt for the insane shipping across the ocean Id take it. The shipping costs however comprise almost half of said offer, and if I get rid of this Id like to be able to replace it with another which just wouldnt be feasible with the leftover funds......why I was more looking just to swap with someone...Eugene why dont you trade me even up for one of those incredible looking mya moes, and then you could sell it to him ;) hehe....
Sorry didn't mean to give you such a tough time. I do have to agree about the shipping. Sorry Stan.

PM sent. Sorry Stan don't look like you your going to get it. So I sent a pm to inquire about it. I hope no hard feelings.
Mark

I think hell be ok, he shared a C-list ad with me for the same model for local pickup in his area missing just the tuners which is the weak point in this ukulele anyway if I was him Id buy that, and save the hassle of repair and risk of shipping altogether. it wasnt much more than he offered for mine, and in much better shape.....never know though, Ill take offers all weekend and make a decision on it....surprised there is so much interest in it really......figured it was a longshot to get any offers at all, and have ended up receiving many!

Aloha Guys,
Mahalo for your support...I have so thoughful and good friends here..I appriciate it very much... @ ejnovinsky, sorry for all that, they're my friends...hope you understand...
I'll up the anti..and pay the shipping, whatever it is.. does that work for you...let me know... a project like this will good to distract me from my current health issues...thank you Stan..

Top Bottom