Just bought myself an Eddie Finn spalted maple tenor

byjimini

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2011-10-27 at 20.30.46.JPG

After swearing blind that I wouldn't buy another uke after I got my Sceptre in August, I saw this and simply had to have it. Is is a tenor? Yes. Is it maple? Yes. That's a purchase, in my book! :D

TBH I'm still after a flame maple tenor uke that isn't made by Kala or Lanikai, seems to be a gap in the market for that one. Looks as if I'll have to save up for a Compass Rose.

Anyways, I absolutely love maple tenor-sized ukes. I like the look, I like the smell and I love the sound. I've checkout out the Eddie Finn website and it doesn't say that this is a laminate, but it also doesn't say if it's solid wood. Anyhow, I heard a rumour that the guy that makes them used to work for Bushman; I bought my Mainland after hearing about Mike working for Bushman and I absolutely adore it so I've high hopes for this one. :D

Anyone got one?

Spalted maple is beautiful:)
I was told by the Eddy Finn rep that their set up guy worked for Bushman. It is a laminate .
They now have car deodorizers that smell like the sound hole. No joke, they really do and they say Eddy Finn on em!
View attachment 29417

After swearing blind that I wouldn't buy another uke after I got my Sceptre in August, I saw this and simply had to have it. Is is a tenor? Yes. Is it maple? Yes. That's a purchase, in my book! :D

TBH I'm still after a flame maple tenor uke that isn't made by Kala or Lanikai, seems to be a gap in the market for that one. Looks as if I'll have to save up for a Compass Rose.

Anyways, I absolutely love maple tenor-sized ukes. I like the look, I like the smell and I love the sound. I've checkout out the Eddie Finn website and it doesn't say that this is a laminate, but it also doesn't say if it's solid wood. Anyhow, I heard a rumour that the guy that makes them used to work for Bushman; I bought my Mainland after hearing about Mike working for Bushman and I absolutely adore it so I've high hopes for this one. :D

Anyone got one?

I don't know much about Eddie Finn, but I do know that if it doesn't say solid wood, it almost certainly isn't. Not an issue if you like the uke, though; I've played many laminates that sounded really nice.

I will say this, though: if you're saving up for a Compass Rose, you won't be disappointed. Great sounding ukes!

Hmm, that's a bugger. I already have a laminate flame maple uke that only cost me £50! I've emailed them to cancel, like you say the Compass Rose's are sweet things.

Aww, thanks for the link, but I was looking for something a little less whacky than that! :)

I emailed the eBay seller and they've been such a great help; they've contacted Eddie Finn and found that it is indeed laminate and will update all their listings, and has refunded me too. Billsmusic on eBay has second-to-none customer service, based on what I've just experience. Absolutely faultless. :)

Top Bottom