Compass Rose Concert scale

Caboose66

Reaction score
Just thought I would let interested folks know that Rick Turner has broadened his Compass Rose lineup to include a Concert scale. Here's a link to some picks at the dealer.
http://www.gryphonstrings.com/instpix/37331/37331.php

I had been on the hunt for a while, entertaining a handful of different ukes with Compass Rose offerings near the top of my list. Well, all the planets lined up and I saw the big brother to this one - a Tenor. Should be here next Wednesday or Thursday.

Cheers, Dean

Absolutely beautiful instrument, love the shape. I will have to add that one to the "If I win the lottery" list.

Uke Republic is supposed to be getting some Compass Rose ukes in at some point. The Concert Compass Rose will be on my "to buy" list for 2012!

Love the floating bridge & the "archtop" shape. What a stunning ukulele!

Last edited:
I am in Edmonds. Would be fun to play those Compass Rose's. Unless you are a good player, then I never want to meet you in my life!

Very beautiful ukes!
Mouthy,
I'm in Mount Vernon... between Seattle and Bellingham.

I would wait for the new CR Tenors as they will have 14 frets before connecting to the body instead of the current 12 frets. I believe he wants them ready for the 2012 NAMM show. Beautiful ukes!!

Haha... well, I'm not a good player, just a hack that enjoys both the ukulele and guitar. I was going to keep my eyes out for a get-together around here somewhere. Busy work schedule, remodeling, chores around the place, kids homework and activities don't leave a lot of time to meet up with folks... or practice as much as I should for that matter ;)

If you know of meet-ups in the area, don't hesitate to let me know... maybe I'll find the rare free few hours and come listen in.

Thanks, Dean

I would wait for the new CR Tenors as they will have 14 frets before connecting to the body instead of the current 12 frets. I believe he wants them ready for the 2012 NAMM show. Beautiful ukes!!
Yeah, I know a lot of folks like the 14-fret to the body. I'm still learning the "Cowboy" chord stuff so the "weedle-eedle-eedle" end doesn't matter as much to me... at least right now.

Dean

We've got the side bending mold for the mini-jumbo 14 fret tenor; I just have to make tooling to do the necks.

I'm not going to have a booth at NAMM this year, but...I may have a workbench set up in a booth to be announced soon at which I'll be hands-on building some ukes as part of a special exhibit with a basic theme of "Hand Made, Hand Played". More when this is confirmed...

Top Bottom