PDA

View Full Version : More Today Than Yesterday (ukulele and bass)

keonepax
10-28-2011, 04:36 AM
One of my fave songs from the late sixties/early seventies, written by Pat Upton and recorded by the Spiral Starecase. This video features terrific bass playing by my friend Yoshi. Hope you like it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zT9c_0VzM

mm stan
10-28-2011, 04:48 AM
Aloha John,
Howzit Brah...wow brought back memories...loved that song....great playing, the both of you...yes Yoshi is awesome on the bass...Keep 'um comin....
I see you used a capo for this song..wonder if I can get away without one...I tried these chords and it doesn't seem right..http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_unsigned_bands/spiral_staircase_-_i_love_you_more_today_than_yesterday_crd.htm any thoughts? sent you a question PM.

keonepax
10-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Mahalo, Stan! The vocal range of this song was pretty tough (as you can tell from my poor singing... ha ha), so finding the right key is important on this one. I found the chords were easier to play in my best key if I used a capo.

23skidoo
10-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Nice job, John - you guys sound great! I haven't been following your videos long enough to have encountered Yoshi yet, but you guys definitely have a great vibe going. Never would have thought about that as a song for an uke - great choice......

v30
10-28-2011, 06:41 AM
That was very nice. I enjoyed it

keonepax
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks, guys! Stan, I posted the chords on my video, so try those. But note in my video I capo-ed three half steps up so that I could play easier chords... Gmaj7, Am7, D7.