House of the Rising Sun

elisdad

Reaction score
this is nice stuff bro. Sweet strummin and your finger picking technique is awesome. Great version, cheers mate! Welcome to the joys of worth clears!!!!! I love em too..your uke's sounding really nice with those.

Great job! It's kind of funny. I've been working up a version of this song and was thinking I might do a video this weekend! I think yours is nicer, though, so maybe I'll wait a bit. :)

Edit: Hey, on second listen I heard a verse I've not heard before. Did you write the "fills his glass up to the brim and pushes those cards around" verse?

I've written a verse about "little brother" that I use to balance the little sister verse.

John

Last edited:
23Skidoo thanks for watching and the kind words. I am working hard at trying to improve, but a long way from where I want to be.

EugeneUkulele I sure hope that I get to the point of playing at your level some day. Your videos are my favorite!

OldePharte, I didn't write that verse. There are so many different versions of this one, it seems like you can find all kinds of cool lines/versus. There is no need to wait on making a video. I really enjoy this song and I would love to see your version. Fire up the video camera and start strumming!

Great stuff here, and a brilliant selection on the tune! Always loved this tune, in all it's incarnations. That finger-picking bit puts it over the top mate.
Worth's sound great on that Mainland- if you are kicking around strings, give the Guadalupe's a try as well, I like them even more than the Worth strings, but everything I play is either Spruce top or banjo...so they may be a fluke here.

Thank you v30, coriandre, Scott Stahlecker, and TCK!

Scott S., I am enjoying the worths. When I first started playing low G I really liked the sound a lot more than high G. So I was concerned about the switch back, but I really I liking the high G on the Mainland. Sometimes the Low G can sound boomy and I like that it doesn't happen with the high G.

TCK, I'll have to put Guadalupes on my list to try. I just bought a batch of strings from Elderly, so I have D'Addarios ProArte and Martin M620 to try as well. I really like how the flourocarbon strings feel versus the Aquilas.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement.

Aloha Elosdad,
sounds awesome....broght back memories..thank you for sharing.. Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Top Bottom