Recommended case for baritone uke

indigo_dave

Reaction score
I've had a Koloa baritone for about a month now. I'm finger picking it, teaching myself. Playing blues uke.

I'm ready to order a case. Probably from amazon. I'm thinking that in the next few months I may look into having the tuning mechanism replaced if that would be a recommended upgrade. Seems I may have read some comment in a post that some tuning mechanism upgrades might keep the uke from fitting into some cases.

So I'm asking about this in an effort to avoid an "oh s**".
Anything to offer about any of the following?

Musician's Gear Featherweight Baritone Ukulele Case Black Baritone

Lanikai Hardshell Baritone Ukulele Case

Lanikai Baritone Ukulele Polyfoam

Thanks for any insights or opinions,

David

I bought a Koloa baritone this summer and bought the Musician's Gear case. It is not a tight fit. There is extra room around the body and head. The point of the headstock just touches the top of the case, but is not a problem.

I just bought this one, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-baritone-ukulele-case/712789000001000, and it is very nice. I think the hard case will hold up better over time. I have a concert sized fabric/ styrofoam case that is starting to have problems around the zipper.This case fits my new Mainland Baritone very nicely (perfect fit around the body), and there seems to me an extra inch of head room, and maybe an extra half inch around the geared tuners. It is probably heavier than the one you're considering, but I think it will be more durable, and maybe less bulky.

–Lori

After poking around amazon a bit, I think my preference is leaning toward the "Lanikai Hardshell Baritone Ukulele Case". I'm thinking it could accommodate a sholder strap too.

I've got a couple of Ameritage baritone cases with my old logo on them for sale. They are a little more than what you are looking at, but I'll make you a good deal?

I've got a couple of Ameritage baritone cases with my old logo on them for sale. They are a little more than what you are looking at, but I'll make you a good deal?

Thanks. The case has to cost less than a late model used car:rolleyes: .

Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the one recommended by Lori (Musician's Gear Baritone Ukulele Case). Someone else on another forum recommended it also. I still have an ideal in mind with a strong polyfoam case with a storage pocket and shoulder strap AND some sort of bullet proof snapping mechanism.

Dave

Top Bottom