Looking for a comp price for a G-String 'Hawaiian'

mcnut

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Have a chance to buy a G-String Hawaiian and they are asking in the 500.00 range. I have looked all over for a comparison for prices but can not find any others anywhere for sale or recently sold that show a price.

Thanks for any inputs or thoughts.

What size and trim level??? I had paid around 3 bills a number of years ago for a Koa soprano basic....

excellent condition G-string standard soprano ukes seem to go for around $400-$500. (closer to $400 than $500)
UU Store/ukulele uprising has some new G-string ukes.

Play it first and check the intonation down the fretboard. Some have intonation issues.

Last edited:
That would make sense....I'm thinking that was 5+ years ago I had bought mine...maybe even closer to 6 or 7

Have a chance to buy a G-String Hawaiian and they are asking in the 500.00 range. I have looked all over for a comparison for prices but can not find any others anywhere for sale or recently sold that show a price.

Is it the one on the atlanta craigslist? if so good luck. I offered to buy that uke but they never responded to my emails.

G-String ukes are pretty and hopefully if you get it it'll be worth it. As far as price it'll depend on the bling. If it is just a basic soprano I wouldn't pay more than $400. It is a Hawaiian made uke so the price should be comparable to the other K (kamaka, koaloha, koolau, kanilea) but I always felt like G-string was way over priced.

Thanks for the info, but it was the same Craigslist posting here in Atlanta that Haolejohn had responded to with no response. I got no further response either, at least I don't have to take it personally since now I know I was not the only one ignored:^P

I did think it was interesting as I hunted for info how few G-Strings there are on the market even though I have read that they are no longer in production.

Glad I ask the question, it help put my UAS in remission...for the time being.

Also realized that I posted this on the wrong Forum, but I am learning.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, but it was the same Craigslist posting here in Atlanta that Haolejohn had responded to with no response. I got no further response either, at least I don't have to take it personally since now I know I was not the only one ignored:^P

I did think it was interesting as I hunted for info how few G-Strings there are on the market even though I have read that they are no longer in production.

Glad I ask the question, it help put my UAS in remission...for the time being.

Also realized that I posted this on the wrong Forum, but I am learning.

Thanks again.

That uke has been listed multiple times and I inquired over a year ago about it multiple times.

Top Bottom