PDA

View Full Version : "A-Z"

Hippie Dribble
10-29-2011, 10:36 PM
2006. Darren Hanlon.

from his album, 'Fingertips and Mountaintops'.

this fellow is one of my favorite songwriters. He writes these gorgeous whimsical pop songs, sweet as honey on the comb but always with a healthy twist of lemon.

I recorded this one at mum and dad's place this morning, on an ol' custom Regal soprano uke built sometime in the 30's. Hope you like it and cheers for taking a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLldgfwoWU

elisdad
10-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Very nice song! That regal sounds very nice.

mm stan
10-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Aloha Eugene...the video cuts in 20 seconds for me..anybody else getting that??? awwww:( hey you brought your Mya Moe Mango too:)I think the first one was a different video..yes the
20 second was different...saw you take off you Mya Moe off the sofa....I guess I was lucky to see that one...blessed..
Oh oh Went to your You Tube channel and at the top it didn't work...but I clicked your recent activity on the bottom left and it worked..
I guess it triggered something ...now the top of your your tube channel works and even you UU posting..hmm strange...but happy it works.
Real nice job and love that regal...looks almost like a martin too...and sounds great...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

v30
10-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Great song that I hadn't heard before. Very nicely sang and played. That old uke sounds great. Keep em comming!

fitncrafty
10-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Beautifully played and sung.. Another song I have never heard. Good to see you smiling, keep those videos coming!

23skidoo
10-30-2011, 03:57 AM
Great tune, Jon - will have to check out more of his stuff....

TCK
10-30-2011, 06:35 AM
SOlid gold- extended comment on the Youtube :)