"Has Anybody Seen My Gal?"

H

Hippie Dribble

1925. music Ray Henderson. lyrics Samuel L. Lewis and Joseph Widow Young (though date and authorship is sometimes disputed, at times being credited to Percy Weinrich and Jack Mahoney in 1914)

in any case, it's one of the most popular and enduring uke standards, and everyone has a go at it from time to time. here's yet another take on it to add to the long list... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85JoGzCk8k

thanks for watching gang!

That was awesome. Loved the way you seemlessly mix the fingerpicking in. Great duds too. I think that uke was meant to play the classics.

Last edited:
Well it is about time! :) OK- check this one out...fits you perfect I figure

Yup- I am making requests again

Aloha Eugene,
Hey Mate You burning that mohogany's strings...totally awesome bruddah...love the singing and playing..yes yes..

wicked Eugene, top notch as ever :) i love playing that tune, but our song sheet has it as " 5 foot 2" we also do it as a segway starts off with 5ft 2, then inotthats my baby, then into aint she sweet thne back to 5ft 2, but not in your league just strumming , loved your rendition keep up the great vid have a top week all the best from me :)

Great job Jon! I love how you can breath new life into old standards.

John

That was awesome. Loved the way you seemlessly mix the fingerpicking in. Great duds too. I think that uke was meant to play the classics.

+1. It probably played that tune when it was new. That Regal sure has a nice ring to it. I was wondering when we were going to hear it.

Bill

+1. It probably played that tune when it was new. That Regal sure has a nice ring to it. I was wondering when we were going to hear it.

Bill

thanks you guys. It sounds amazing in person. Really crisp, great volume and great note distinction. Sweet as. Think I'm becoming a vintage uke convert...

This was the first song I ever learned to play, always be a fav of mine.
That was a beautiful version, great job :)

Geez Jon!,

It's just amazing how you pump out these classics - one after another. Your versions are in the same league as the great ukulele players of the golden era, and often better.

The difference is that I'm not sure any of them recorded at the rate you are putting them out now. Of course modern technology and YouTube has something to do with it. Still, quality and quantity only comes from someone who's truly mastered his art.

I hope (and I think) that we all realize we are witnessing something really remarkable here.

Agreed in every sense Dirk- well said
Geez Jon!,

It's just amazing how you pump out these classics - one after another. Your versions are in the same league as the great ukulele players of the golden era, and often better.

The difference is that I'm not sure any of them recorded at the rate you are putting them out now. Of course modern technology and YouTube has something to do with it. Still, quality and quantity only comes from someone who's truly mastered his art.

I hope (and I think) that we all realize we are witnessing something really remarkable here.

Geez Jon!,

Certainly correct here. Jon your stuff is amazing. I for one rate you very high on my ukulele musician list . The only "uke" music that has gotten as much playtime as yours for me is the James Hill's true love don't weep album.

A real toe tapper Jon and you played it beautifully. Certainly one of my favorites from you.

thankyou so much folks. Dirk, Eric...sheez I don't know what to say to that. still picking myself up off the floor, but thankyou, from the bottom of my heart.

Top Bottom