Has anyone done business with Austin Bazaar?

Hawkshaw

Reaction score
I am looking at a ukulele that is offered through Austin Bazaar on Ebay. Any thoughts about the company or ordering through Ebay? Thanks,

I bought my Oscar Schmidt OU2E from them through Amazon. I thought the price was very good. and I got a whole kit deal so I also got a very nice
"gig bag that was really a soft case. it also came with a tuner a polishing cloth and a cable to plug into an amp. My only complaint with Austin bazaar was that it was a full 36 hours between when they printed the USP shipping label and when USP had it in their hands. If it had been less then 24 hours I would have ad my uke on a Friday instead of Tuesday.

I've done business with Austin Bazaar twice and have been favorably impressed. They have both the online store and a new brick and mortar store under the same name in north Austin on Howard Lane. I first ordered a Kala KA-SEM from them online, which arrived with a small gouge in the top. Called them and they offered to take it back or refund with no questions. As I only live 90 miles away, I returned it while up visiting friends in Austin yesterday. The guys there couldn't be any nicer. I ended up putting in some extra money and leaving with a beautiful Kala Limited Edition Solid Golden Acacia Concert uke that I am very happy with.

The pros: friendly & helpful staff, large selection of ukes, and very low prices. Kala KA-SEM with gig bag, tuner and polishing cloth was $95 out the door. The Kala KA-GACG with same stuff was only $261 out the door.

The cons: No real uke expert was available to help on a Saturday. Both guys were guitar guys, very nice, and knew a bit, but not enough to expertly guide me with a uke selection. As they sell over 200 ukes a day (vast majority on line however), you'd think they'd have an expert on the floor on all shifts.

Bottom line: I'd recommend Austin Bazaar to others, particularly if you already know what you want. I'll definitely do more business with them.

Recently bought a Stagg Tweed Soprano Ukulele case for my pineapple via their eBay store. They had the best price and free shipping. Their communication after purchase was good and shipped quickly. No issues here. Would do business with them again without hesitation.

I just received a Stagg case from them. Transaction was smooth and painless.

I bought a Kala through them on Amazon. The setup was horrible and almost unplayable but that was not their fault. They accepted the return with no problem but the return shipping was a loss for me.

They seem to be a drop ship company so I would not expect any type of setup on their part.

Actually Austin Bazaar is both an online store and a brand new brick and mortar store in Austin, Texas. My guess is 95%+ of their business is through their online store so obviously they are geared more toward price competitiveness if you buy online. They did mention they sell over 200 ukes a day through their site and I believe they said they were Kala's biggest dealer. I dealt with them in person and their level of service was quite high in my opinion.

Aloha,
Dealt with AB numerous times and it was all a good transaction and experience. No problems for me..............BO............

Recently bought a Stagg Tweed Soprano Ukulele case for my pineapple via their eBay store. They had the best price and free shipping. Their communication after purchase was good and shipped quickly. No issues here. Would do business with them again without hesitation.

Ditto. It went great.

I've ordered from them on two occasions and both were positive experiences. I ordered a tuner/metronome for my daughter via Ebay and it arrived in about 5 days. I ordered my Lanikai package (uke, hard case, tuner, polish cloth) directly from their web site. My order was placed Tues. and I had it on Fri. Everything was packed well, shipping was free and they provided tracking. I was happy with both transactions and I'd order from them again.

Top Bottom