Eugene Mya Moes On Ebay.....1 hour left....

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the thread Stan!!! How embarrassed do I feel...

anyway. Neither sold. Not one bite. Oh well, could always go down the street corner and "hawk the fork" as they say in the classics he he :eek:

guess the bprices were set too high...greedy bugger that I am! :)

Last edited:
I'm neither greedy or cheap, but I am prudent and frugal! :cool:

thanks for the thread Stan!!! How embarrassed do I feel...

anyway. Neither sold. Not one bite. Oh well, could always go down the street corner and "hawk the fork" as they say in the classics he he :eek:

guess the bprices were set too high...greedy bugger that I am! :)

Jon, I just noticed that your walnut tenor uke is featured in a May-Moe tonewood sound sample video!

I'm surprised that nobody bit on your auctions. I can only imagine that people who want and can afford a Mya-Moe ukulele have already placed an order for one (as I have) and are scraping together the cash to pay the balance when the ukes they've ordered are completed. I would like to help you out, but with two Mya-Moes (tenor and baritone) in the pipeline, $850 is a little steep for me, even though I think it's a great price for that walnut tenor, and I would find it unseemly to haggle with a nice guy like you in view of your financial circumstances, and I'm hoping you can get your asking prices for those ukes. I am planning to buy some of your CDs, though. :)

Last edited:
thanks guys. Prudent and frugal...how I wish I were more like that Phil!!! he he

Mark, I remember watching that demo when the first blackstripes were issued. It's what hooked me on the walnut tenor instantly...loved it's aesthetic and loved the sound.

A lady just emailed me privately re the walnut tenor too, may get a sale yet...

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
You are not too greedy,,,there are in line and probally good prices...I've noticed that timing plays important role in selling,...this time of year, everyones strapped for cash and it is the
holidays and Christmas coming up...people are saving...it's a buyers market now,, not a sellers.... I'd hold on to them till after new year..they should sell then for the prices you're asking..
Good Luck...mm Stan

the market is tough right now. I have been pricing my guitars to sell adn trade in , was shocked to find that my beautiful acoustic electric Takamine 12string that originaly list for $700 was now only worth abotu $35 trade in!! i was hoping I coudl trade it in and get a decent acoustic electrc ukulele that I coudl do some shows and possibly get work with if I get to feelin a bit better. thats not happening :(

Ive priced my other guitars as what they are selling on ebay for and none of them are seling except a few going for about that. its very disheartening. I not goign to get anythign for my stuff and more of my personal thigns will go to charity i guess. sad when the fact is I am the charity case.

so dont feel too bad or embarassed, times is tough all over.

the market is tough right now. I have been pricing my guitars to sell adn trade in , was shocked to find that my beautiful acoustic electric Takamine 12string that originaly list for $700 was now only worth abotu $35 trade in!! i was hoping I coudl trade it in and get a decent acoustic electrc ukulele that I coudl do some shows and possibly get work with if I get to feelin a bit better. thats not happening :(

Ive priced my other guitars as what they are selling on ebay for and none of them are seling except a few going for about that. its very disheartening. I not goign to get anythign for my stuff and more of my personal thigns will go to charity i guess. sad when the fact is I am the charity case.

so dont feel too bad or embarassed, times is tough all over.
Guitar Center usually pays around half of what they think they you can get for it on Ebay/CraigsList. Sometimes a tad less. Instead of trading in, I usually just sell stuff myself on Ebay. If I want it to move fast I post it for somewhere in-between. If I'm in no rush I just wait it out until someone bites. If you're price is fair, someone eventually will. I had a printer that I was trying to sell for $350 on CL and no one would bite. The best offer I got was $200. I put it on Ebay and no one went for it the first time around. The second time it sold after a bidding war at $380. So if you can wait, just be a little patient.

This thread is locked since the bidding is closed. BTW, the tenor sold. Maybe Jon will post it again . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom