Favorite Israel Kamakawiwo'ole song

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Well I was just driving today, in the rainy and gloomy ass west side washington weather, and i decided to listen to some IZ on my ipod to lighten up the mood. Probably my favorite song would be "Henehene kou'aka". So just decided make a thread to see what everyone else's is. Aloha!

Dude, I sometimes like to play his version of "Somewhere over the rainbow/Wonderful world" to my little girl at bedtime. She digs it and that makes me feel good...thanks IZ for the love. Miss ya....e-lo....

Hawaii 78'...my all time favorite!

The moment Bruddah IZ passed on, In Dis Life played on the radio. Thats my favorite.

Much luv Bruddah, shine and fly up there...

Hawaii 78' is good.

But im gonna have to stick with Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.

Yes I will admit it. I cry almost EVERY time I listen to that song.

IZ is also my Hero

I like every one of Braddah Iz songs, but for me, I think it is a tie between Hawai'i 78 and Somewhere over the rainbow/ what a wonderful world.
But, every song he does rocks.
wish I could play like him:(

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

My fav IZ song is probably Men Who Ride Mountains.

But they are all great!

For me it's these two songs; "Kaleohano" written by “Moon” Kauakahi and "In Dis Life" by by Mike Reid and Allen Shamlin. One good tune everybody can jam on is Margarita .. .. ..

"Ka Huila Wai" got me hooked on the uke. I had the chords, the Facing Future CD and I was playing along with Bruddah Iz in my lounge room in Hervey Bay Australia! (I really recommend it for beginners!!)
It taught me my uke is one tough little instrument, coz I thrash the poor thing when playing that song.
"Hawai'i 78" is one of those rare songs that implants itself deeply in your brain after one listening and will not leave. Leaves me with a fluttery feeling in my stomach.
There's a little bit of Hawai'i in my neighbourhood now! Got an industrial strength subwoofer too....that helps..:D:D:D

Top Bottom