Happy Birthday to my little song!

Dougf

Reaction score
I wrote this song for my wife, since she was feeling a bit neglected and thought I played ukulele too much. She didn't like the song much at first, but it grew on her, and now she says it's sweet. She still thinks I play uke too much, but I also try to pay more attention to her, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AaI4z3igqc

Good song ! Your playing and singing give it a great atmosphere. The birds in the background just add the right touch to the whole groove of it.

You might owe her another song after the past two weekends . . . tenor pineapple style :)

Good song ! Your playing and singing give it a great atmosphere. The birds in the background just add the right touch to the whole groove of it.

Thanks. I do like when the birds provide some backup vocals, except the bluejays -- too much squawking :)

Great little tune. Well sang and played too. I hope it gets you some points with the Mrs ;)

I did get a few points, but her initial reaction was something to the effect, "you don't need a map, you just need to stop playing that uke so much and pay some attention to your wife". I have to admit, she's probably right.

You might owe her another song after the past two weekends . . . tenor pineapple style :)

I definitely owe her big time. When I told her about the class, she kind of rolled her eyes, and said, now you're not only going to spend too much time playing ukulele, you're going to waste even more time trying to build them. But she gave me her blessing, and she really is pretty supportive of my little idiosyncrasies. I'm a very lucky guy.

Top Bottom