New Uke Day - Ko'olau Tenor

mr moonlight

Reaction score
So this just came in the mail. After a few months of waiting my custom Ko'olau Cedar + Koa Tenor has arrived. All I can say is WOW! An absolutely beautiful instrument. As for the sound... very, very impressive. Extremely well balanced with a beautiful clear tone that rings like a bell. You can't really ask for much more. Can't wait to throw my preferred set of strings on there and clean my nails up so I can really see how it sounds. Nice case too!

My hats of to Noah.

DSCF0114.jpgDSCF0115.jpgDSCF0126.jpgDSCF0127.jpgDSCF0128.jpg

Wow, what an absolutely beautiful ukulele. I was considering a custom Ko'olau as my next uke. It'll be a while, but seeing this uke definitely reinforces that decision. Looking forward to hearing some sound samples!

Very nice - tastefully done. Would be interested to hear a sound sample with that Cedar/Koa combo. Looks like it's got binding on top too... nice protection for that cedar. Enjoy!!

Dean

Congratulations on your new ukulele! It looks really wonderful. You've gotten a great set of koa wood for the back and sides (tastefully grained), and the koa looks really nice with the cedar. I have a Pono mahogany baritone (made by Ko'olau but built in Asia) that I've been very impresses with for sound, looks and craftsmanship. I haven't had a chance to play any Ko'olaus, but if they're the upgrade from a Pono that everyone says they are, they must be great instruments.

:drool:

Happy New Uke Day! Congrats :D Looks really nice and I bet it sounds great too! :D

Wow, can hardly wait to hear it!

I've always liked Ko'olau ukuleles...And they sound really good too. If you don't mind, how much did this one cost? (The slotted headstocks look really unique too)

Slotted Head stocks look Awesome!

Nice Ko'olau!...

Master grade AAA cedar top and AAA koa back and sides: its a awesome classic look! congrats!

Is that your uke that Corey plays in this video...sounds absolutely amazing!!!

According to the YouTube description, this is a tenor T100SP with a cedar top and koa back & sides.

Last edited:
Is that your uke that Corey plays in this video...sounds absolutely amazing!!!

According to the YouTube description, this is a tenor T100SP with a cedar top and koa back & sides.

That's the one. I'm probably the only one that asked to have a uke with all the fret markers on the neck to be removed.

wow! Great sound and good looker too!

Top Bottom