First song you learned on the 'ukulele!

beginnerukeman143

Reaction score
Hafa-Adai everyone! I was just wondering what the first song you guys learned on the 'ukulele! for me it was Love Bug by the Jonas Brothers :eek:

Three chord version of "King of the Road" at Pearl Harbor Kai Elementary 3rd grade music, 1968.

Great thread.

For me, it was 1969 & Little Brown Jug! Then a 40 year hiatus & now thousands of songs on the net!!
cheers
Roberta

The first song I learned was "Blitzkrieg Bop". The first song I could play through with no errors was "You Shook Me All Night Long".

Good times.

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is why I bought a uke!

In seventh grade choir---which was really sitting in a semi-circle playing ukulele---we played Buffalo Gals. Still like it.

Great topic..."Ring of Fire" for me. I'm actually thinking of taking up the harmonica so I can play the horn section part too.

Five foot two, eyes of blue and oh what those five feet could do, has anybody seen my gal?

'Amazing Grace'. My wife and I were in bed one night watching TV and I was quietly strumming. I all of a sudden figured out the chords. I proudly had her listen. After I was done, she smiled, said "That's pretty! What is it?" I had to sing along for her to recognize it. :D

Five foot two, eyes of blue and oh what those five feet could do, has anybody seen my gal?

Same here- Took forever (a few weeks) to master that D7-G7 chord change...

Top Bottom