8 strings, double the pain?

Iamlegendary

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a 8 string ukulele, but I was wondering if it can ruin your finger tips faster?

the only thing i don't like about it, is keeping all the 8 strings in tune..its not hard but its double the pain..

I was thinking of getting a 8 string ukulele, but I was wondering if it can ruin your finger tips faster?

How would an 8 string uke ruin your finger tips? Do you mean 'ruin' as in help you get callouses faster?

If you play your instrument long enough eventually the skin will toughen up and you won't feel any pain in your finger tips.

How would an 8 string uke ruin your finger tips? Do you mean 'ruin' as in help you get callouses faster?

If you play your instrument long enough eventually the skin will toughen up and you won't feel any pain in your finger tips.

haha yeah thats what i meant by ruin.

Hah. Seeing as to how guitar has six strings, which makes it like 3x harder than ukulele, I'm thinking that an 8 stringer would be something like 7x the pain. And after the callouses, I can't even feel my fingertips, so physical pain is the least of my worries now. =)

Hah. Seeing as to how guitar has six strings, which makes it like 3x harder than ukulele, I'm thinking that an 8 stringer would be something like 7x the pain. And after the callouses, I can't even feel my fingertips, so physical pain is the least of my worries now. =)

I am wondering how you came to the conclusion that the guitar having 6 strings is 3 times harder than the ukulele which has 4 strings. then say that 8 strings is 7x harder lol!:D

Beautiful sounds

Never played an 8 string but i have playeda 12 string guitar and i didnt notice any diff. other than the sound. It will add a fuller sound almost like two ukes playing at the same time. as long as you dont think of it having more strings and play it as a 4 string you should be fine.

Oh have to add bending double strings is alittle harder to do....
But they do sound beautiful.

i play an 8-string. i don't have any problems with fingertips since i have one long nail on my index finger. i also use it to play guitar and no problems with that either. as for tuning, my korg tuner was like 20 bucks, but you get an ear for it after a while.

i don't suggest learning a solo on an 8-string. it has a great sound and i'm completely happy with what i've got. youtube.com/diezo808

I am wondering how you came to the conclusion that the guitar having 6 strings is 3 times harder than the ukulele which has 4 strings. then say that 8 strings is 7x harder lol!:D

I eyeballed it. The relationship isn't quite linear. :D

Its not like its a tiple with steel strings, so if you can play 4 string you can play 8 string. Personally I have trouble with a 8/10 string uke because I cannot reliably hit what I want while picking.

Top Bottom