Philly Press loves the Uke Underground

Don't forget Will Brown aka uke142464
I mentioned the Underground a couple of times, They should have included it in the article.

Vey cool! Congrats. :D

Don't forget Will Brown aka uke142464
I mentioned the Underground a couple of times, They should have included it in the article.

Well, super cool Will brought a copy of the newspaper article and got you know who to sign it at the Kennedy Center today!! Yes, Jake S. signed right by Will's picture. Can't get much better than that.

LOL. Will should have signed it and given it to Jake.
lol, nah. jake was soooo coool I got to play while my guitar gently weeps for him. he signed my uke too!! and the picture of me in the newspaper is like 10x8! its huge, I opened it up and was like holy $#!^ and I mentioned UU in the interview but she didnt put it in the article. all in all yesterday was one of the best days of my life, until I ate that hotdog at least, ugh, felt like crap til 12 at night. im just glad I didnt spew it up.

Great uke article in Phila. Inquirer

This is the lead-in to a great article in the Philadelphia Inquire:

"Tiptoeing no more

A revival of the sweet-sounding ukulele is stimulating Philadelphia's music scene, with classical, jazz and even rock sounds.

By Carolyn Davis

Inquirer Staff Writer

What do Arthur Godfrey, Tiny Tim and Will Brown have in common?

If you're of a certain age, you can guess what it is. If you're 13-year-old Will Brown, your face takes on a just-sucked-lemons expression when Tim - may he and "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" rest in peace - is mentioned...."

See entire article here:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine/28343454.html

Snake Oiler aka Will posts here. He already linked us to the article. very cool stuff. I'm going to merge the 2 threads.

Sorry, not trying togang up on ya'. I was pretty psyched when it came out, it got a lot of people to come out to our show.

Top Bottom