new uke!!

ukesteezy

Reaction score
ok, so i bought this 80 dollar uke. its Lanikai soprano and i just wanted to know if i bought an acceptable uke or did i waste my money? it has GHS strings and the salesman told me that it was not laminated, whatever that means. so yeah, i would like to know what you guys think about it.

I have a hard time believing you got a solid wook Uke for $80, but that kind of thing is uniportant to me anyway, If you like it and like playing it, that's what counts.

Lanikai does make some solid top and solid wood models but probably not at the $80 price point.

But I'm down with SnakeOiler on this one. The Lanikais have always impressed me with how good they sound and play for the little amount they cost.

Nice starter uke!

i have a lanikai myself and i am very happy with it. it is a very good uke and for that price you just made a very good deal my friend.

lets see some vids and pics!!!

I have two Lanikais, an entry level one and a more expensive one with curly koa, I really love mine so you won't be disappointed.

Lanikai do a solid koa uke but in England it costs about £500!

good ukes for their price. u might want to upgrade the strings. i've got aquilas on mine, but u might try something else.

Like FHS said! I put Aquilas on mine and really like it for the cost.

Play on :nana:

yea since its a koa instrument i would put aquila strings on it. if it were a mango or a mahogany i would put worths on it but try the aquilas. :D

My wife's first uke was a Lahaina tenor -- the same maker as Lanikai -- it kept her in good stead until she was ready for something better. The most important thing about any uke, is that you enjoy it and play the tar out of the thing!

ive decided and going to buy another uke! dont worry, i dont need opinions... but im choosing between the applause oavtion tenor uke or the big island honu solid koa tenor with pickup. leaning towards the applause but...

hopefully ill purchase it soon on mgm

ok, so i bought this 80 dollar uke. its Lanikai soprano and i just wanted to know if i bought an acceptable uke or did i waste my money? it has GHS strings and the salesman told me that it was not laminated, whatever that means. so yeah, i would like to know what you guys think about it.

bro play tha lanikai with pride... mean instrument.

ive decided and going to buy another uke! dont worry, i dont need opinions... but im choosing between the applause oavtion tenor uke or the big island honu solid koa tenor with pickup. leaning towards the applause but...

hopefully ill purchase it soon on mgm

Id go with the solid koa, im not sure why, I just would:D

Id go with the solid koa, im not sure why, I just would:D

see, the main reason for another uke was for electronics. So comparing both applause and the solid honu koa, im still leaning towards the applause because of the excellent feedback ive been getting with their electronics

Top Bottom