R. Johnson A Songwriter And Guitarist To Remember.

visionsen

Reaction score
I admit reaching back in time on this one, but there's absolutely no denying that Robert Johnson was one of the most influential guitarists and songwriter to remember of the last century.
The folkloric tall tales of his supposed pact with the devil — the subject matter of one of his most memorable songs — have only served to augment and extend his legacy

Keith Richards says in an interview,that when Brian Jones
first played him a Robert Johson album,he (Keith) asked
who the 'second guitarist' was on the record.Brian assured
him that what he heard was one man,playing solo.It knocked
Keith out as it did me when I first ever heard Mr J playing!

I like him so well that I went and bought a Gibson Robert Johnson signature guitar which I love to play. Great for fingerpicking and a huge sound. Definitely a keeper. I think it's based on the L00 shape and size.

He's one of my faves, if just for the wicked guitar playing. That and "Hot Tamales"!

I read an article maybe a year ago that asserted that Robert Johnson's influence on modern music has been greatly overexaggerated. Thought it was the dumbest thing I'd read in a long time.

32.20 Blues may be the most perfect song ever set down on wax.

Yes, Hot Tamales, which I think is properly called "They're Red Hot", is definitely one of my favorite songs to play, especially in C.

I've got a DVD called sessions with Robert Johnson or something like that with Eric Clapton doing all Robert Johnson songs with Billy Preston and some others in the studio. The second song they do is Hot Tamales or they're Red Hot. I really like Claptons version but haven't heard Robert Johnson's version.

Top Bottom