Vintage Uke...any ideas what it is?

covinoch

Reaction score
HELLLLO UNDERGROUND!

This site was the reason I picked up a ukulele in the first place! I traded my grandfather a painting I did for an old Ukulele that was sitting in his closet for 40-50 years or so. He tells me he "spared no expense on the case"...a brown paper bag.

Anyways here are the photos...any ideas what brand name this is as there are no markings to be found.

2853369245_17615bfe07.jpg

2854204810_e4685e6ec9.jpg

More can be found here on my flickr site.

Thanks for your help guys

*Side Note*
It looks a little dirty, how do I go about cleaning it up?

*End Transmission*
Chad C.

Last edited:
looks to be in awesome condition despite being in a paperbag case haha. Anyways maybe the uke was custom made. What did your granddad have to say about it? like when did he get it,etc. With no markings or signatures maybe someone else on UU will hopefully notice it and let you know!

As for cleaning here is a recent thread I think you may want to check out!
http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5477

WOWEE, That was fast!

Sammy, Thanks for the link. I have that "guitar honey" but wasn't sure if I was supposed to use a toothbrush or what not...someone on that link said to use an eraser on the fret board, I wonder if it works on the body?

As for more information about it...all I know is he said he ordered it through the mail many years ago when he got back from the war, then he got married and gram made him stop playing it haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom