Kala Curly Mango KA-MT Tenor, brand new.

BboyEugi

Reaction score
I bought if off the musicguy on ebay. He set it up completely with Aqua strings, a pitchpipe, and a hard case. I bought it for $230, and i def enjoyed it. I've owned and played it for a little less then three weeks. A unexpected suprise came recently, and basically i would like to sell this one, and buy an electric one. The Ukulele is completely fine, and i can send more high-def pictures if you would like. Also, i live in San Diego, so if any buyers from there would like to take a look at it, by all means. I'm also willing to pay for shipping if your a bit further our there =) So here are the dimensions, and pictures.

Body Style - Tenor Ukulele

Top - Curly Mango

Back and Sides - Curly Mango

Headstock Cap - Curly Mango

Binding - Mahogany

Fretboard - Rosewood

Neck - Solid Mahogany

Nut and Saddle - Synthetic Bone

Tuners - Custom Amber Tuners

Finish - High-gloss

Dimensions:

26-1/4" overall length

11-7/8" body

6-7/8" upper bout

5-3/8" waist

9-1/8" lower bout

3" to 2-5/8" depth

17" scale

1-3/8" at nut

14 frets to body 18 overall

Will come ready out of the box, Aqua strings, pitchpipe, and a hardcase shell(straps included).

The ebay guy sells them for $230, so ill just price this sucker at $200 for the package OBO. ill pay for shipping.

i am considering this same uke, but also was considering electric. why the switch? Is it the uke, or just buyers remorse?

:D

The uke is amazing itself. I went from a 30 dollar Hilo, to one of these babies so the difference in quality and sound left me literally attached to the curly tenor.

The story is, im naturally a guitar player. I'm also a teenager thats paying for college, so a couple hundred dollars means something to me ;) Me and my friends like to get together with our amps and just jam together.

All in all, i wanted to sell this uke, and buy the cheapest electric uke i could find, reason being that i dont know if im dedicated quite yet to own a 200+ dollar ukulele. I spontaneously bought the ukulele(bad habit). I mainly focus on guitar, while at the same time enjoy the play style of a uke so it would be wiser on my part to get something better then my hilo, but cheaper then the kala that i currently own so i can mess around with it and not worry about the cost..and also an electric one so my sound can match to my friends haha.

Edit: Before i went to sleep, i figured id write my first impressions from a Hilo, to the Kala. Note that this is all coming from a newbies point of view haha. Also, for those of you that have not gone past playing a soprano ukulele, a Tenor is amazing(significantly bigger, and easier to play due to more finger room being available.) Basically as soon as i played it a little, i noticed that the notes are much more full then that of the Hilo. Just in general as you play the Kala, the length of the notes lasts longer. The projection of it is far more then i imagined it to be. It was quite suprising to hear its projection because in the past, i would have never guessed that a ukulele was able to do so. I also thought it was neat that the third string was a bass string. It was the lowest string, and it much reminded me of a guitar. Though not as low, but it was still able to maintain a bass line for some songs that needed it. The ukulele reminded me of a small version of a dreadnought guitar and it makes a nice little display right next to my dread haha.

Last edited:
sale

is it still for sale? i'm interested, cause i was going to get the kala translucent red mahogany tenor from musicguy for almost $230 with the shipping.. i live in australia so the free shipping sounds great. does it have undersaddle pickup?

Want to trade?

I have a Bugsgear tenor Eleuke I got from MGM a few weeks ago, and as much as I like it, I would rather have another acoustic... the Eleuke I got is the model with the preamp and headphone jack (TC100). Great for quiet playing and not disturbing the wife late at night.

I have a Kala spruce top tenor and really like them. I really like the mango wood.

The Eleuke is pristine, absolutely perfect condition, barely used. I would consider a trade of some sort...any interest?

Top Bottom