The international magic of the ukulele (and the internet)

philpot

Reaction score
Turns out, the video I posted on youtube when I changed my stock Kamaka strings to Blacklines has been embedded on a Japanese article about buying a Kamaka concert :p that was kinda a cool thing to see.

Anyways, I thought I'd update you guys since I haven't been around much lately. I'm still playing playing playing!! Learning new stuff all the time, plus teaching myself guitar. I still prefer ukulele though. my strings are about dead, so I ordered another set of blacklines from UkeRepublic. I thought about springing for another brand just to try it out, but I know I like the blacklines and I think I'll stick with em.

I'm planning on starting to teach ukulele lessons, if anyone will take from me. I put it out that I was willing, and I got a couple of tentative responses, but nobody came through. I'll put something out again soon, hopefully at least one person will want to :)

I'm hopefully going to start working on a TOTALLY hipster solo acoustic album, a mix of instrumentals and upbeat songs, all originals. The egg in my signature is a concept for a cover. that'll take awhile but it's worth it to me.

I signed up for UU+ which was by FAR the best thing I have ever paid for. In just a couple weeks I already feel like I know my ukulele better.Just understanding it makes me feel a lot more comfortable when I'm playing. And the blues ukulele stuff? AMAZING. If you guys haven't already, you should check it out, it's well worth the money.

I'm also planning on either buying an eleuke myself or asking for one for my birthday/Christmas coming up, just because it would be awesome to have something else to play around with in a different style :D

I also probably get to go to a Jake concert in January and I'M SO STOKED!!! :D It's gonna be great.

Anyways, that's just kind of a quick rundown of my ukulele journey right now. I can't help but keep playing and learning more all the time :D this December will be a year since I've started playing, which isn't really all that much, but I've learned so much thanks to all you guys on this forum and all the people at UU who put the amazing lessons together. I can't imagine how much work it takes to get all that stuff up there, and I applaud them for that!

Have a good one!

-Phil

Top Bottom