Does my uke sound right?

One.

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a Makala MK-SN last week and I've just tuned it but when I strum it, it sounds to echo quite loud. Is this normal or is something wrong?
I have bought some Aquila strings but haven't put them on yet. Will this stop the echo sound?

It's really hard to tell what you mean by "echo quite loud."

If you've got a mic (even a cheap one on your computer), gives us a sound sample.

Hi,
I've put it up on mediafire...... It wouldn't let me attach it, so its here

I feel quite ashamed of my strumming hahahahaha.

When you listen to it you can hear like a loud echo afterwards but I dunno whether its just because I'm a noob!

Please don't judge me harshly looool.

Thanks.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Have fun!

Your uke sounds right. I don't think it sounds echo-ey. There is a Makala review on youtube and this dude's Makala sounds like yourn. If in doubt, change strings. I always do. The better the woods that are used, the louder they get. Makalas just wanna be loud!
Skip to about 2:15 to hear the ukulele.

Thanks for the quick replies....
Yeah Big_e mine sounds pretty much the same. I didn't realise they were loud ha. I'm going to change to Aquila strings I've already got.
NoahOathKeeper, I'm so jealous of just that little sound sample you did. I can't play mine at all, but one day it will come.

Do you's think I should practice more just on the strings that the uke came with or change them and then practice?

well im a cheap guy, i have Aquila nygut strings in the pack, but im not changing the GDS strings that came on this oscar smit untill there dead !! :D

As for changing now or waiting.....
Now!!

You'll appreciate the difference immediately and probably get attuned to the better sound. I know the strings are not free, but at <$10 they are reasonable and will likely last you months ..,,,
:2cents:

:cool:

Top Bottom