Let the mystery Be - Ukified

freackykit

Reaction score

Please let me know your thoughts guys, only known of this song a few weeks but think it is a realo Gem,

Ta

Chris

P.S. I know the camera was a bit of but at least you see the handsome bit...the uke

Such a fan of Iris- great job on this one. We do 50 Miles, Mom and Dad's Waltz and Big City (I know they are covers, but her versions are my favorites) and Ken does some Iris too...great to hear her stuff on the uke :)

Last edited:
Great job, Chris! That is a great tune and you do a good job with it. Nice job with the multitracking and the lead playing.....also dig the image editing.... good stuff.

Thanks very much guys for the encouraging words...Unfortunately I'm tied to a desktop PC with a bit of background noise and no way of escape. I know I could go flip cam and sound recorder and as I am slowly getting a bit better will probably do this in the future so thanks for your patience

Yep it was by accident that I stumbled across Iris during a Ken cover and think she is really good and that folk works marvellously on the uke,

Chris

Couldn't trace you TCK, but thought that 23skidoo's 'Don't think twice' was an outstanding piece of fingerpicking folk style...something to aim for. Of course going over to the bari uke would be venturing to the dark side (joking banter)

Chris

There is a Dark Side too? I thought I was only on the "Dork Side" (Cletus coined that for banjo-ukers)...
Currently playing a Baritone Banjo Uke (Dark Dork Side?).
Couldn't trace me...I don't get that- maybe I was unclear in my excitement again? The tunes I mentioned are all done by Iris Dement, and my wife and I play them regularly when we practice. She does them as covers though, but she really owns these tunes when she is on the stage.
50 Miles of Elbow Room- Rev. F.W. McGee and Carter Family (and me and Mr. Skidoo)
Mom and Dad's Waltz- Lefty Frizzell (and me :) )
Big City- Merle Haggard (and me and the wife...and our pets)

Yeah- Skidoo get's that Uke sounding like a mandolin- definitely a style variation to shoot for there. It sounds AWESOME.

Bumped to the top for a rad video again- back for a second look to start my day off right- cheers

Last edited:
When I said I couldn't trace you friend (must be an English wordy thing) I mean't I couldn't find you on youtube but glad I asked for clarification...just listening to 50 miles of Elbow room and you know...this is a great sound...So glad for the misunderstanding if I get rewarded by listening to stuff like this...Inspirational,

Chris

P.S. As for banjo ukes...love them :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom