Daily Ukulele November 5th 2011

joeybug

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone :D

Today, in the UK, it's Guy Fawkes Day so tonight I'm going to a big firework display which should be fun!

Page: 142
Song: Keep On The Sunny Side

Inspiration:

Enjoy!

Get :music:

thats such a cute song :) nice job, good stumming. It sounds like a few of the notes on the vocals on it are very low. Were they a challenge? I think a higher key might highlight your voice better as you seem to have a very nice soprano range. have you ever thought about transposing it?

Nice video! Thanks for posting, and happy Guy Fawkes Day! (By the way, it's intriguing to me, from what little I know of the events surrounding this day, that the commemmoration is named for Guy Fawkes but it actually derives from a celebration of his *failure* to do something.) I have a soft spot in my heart for this song. It was one of the two songs played (the other was "Down By The Riverside") by those of us who were at the Castro Theatre on September 26, 2010, for a screening of Mighty Uke and an attempt to break the world record for group ukulele playing (we didn't). You can see it here, beginning at 10:21.

Last edited:
thats such a cute song :) nice job, good stumming. It sounds like a few of the notes on the vocals on it are very low. Were they a challenge? I think a higher key might highlight your voice better as you seem to have a very nice soprano range. have you ever thought about transposing it?

Transposing is not a skill I possess, but it would be a good idea yes! Thanks :D

Nice video! Thanks for posting, and happy Guy Fawkes Day! (By the way, it's intriguing to me, from what little I know of the events surrounding this day, that the commemmoration is named for Guy Fawkes but it actually derives from a celebration of his *failure* to do something.) I have a soft spot in my heart for this song. It was one of the two songs played (the other was "Down By The Riverside") by those of us who were at the Castro Theatre on September 26, 2010, for a screening of Mighty Uke and an attempt to break the world record for group ukulele playing (we didn't). You can see it here, beginning at 10:21.

Cool Video :D Yes, it's named Guy Fawkes Day even though we're celebrating that he failed to blow up parliament and kill the king, don't know why they named it after the guy we're supposed to be burning effigies of on bonfires! Still the fireworks were nice and it wasn't too cold!

Top Bottom