Where can i buy Worth Premium Ukulele strings

MarxLynx

Reaction score
I heard good things about Worth brand ukulele strings. Buy holy crap they are so hard to find. Amazon doesn't sell them. Ebay doesn't have the brown mediums i was looking for. Not even musicians friend has them. None of the music stores within 100 miles of where i live has even heard of Worth. Does anyone know where i can buy some Worth brown medium soprano/concert ukulele strings?

Elderly Instruments online has tons of Worth string options - their shipping is high but they stock a lot of their varities.

Good call on the Worths -- they're my favorites by far (Aquilas are a bit too bright for my taste and everything else feels bulky).

Elderly.com has them. You have to pay shipping, which is a bummer, but if your order is over $49 they pick up the cost. (That's always a tough decision, since you get two lengths in each package.)

Cheers.

I live in california. Bay area. Yeah i know on ebay there's this British company that sells em, but they didn't have the ones i was looking for.

Thank you connor013, and thanks wickedwahine11 too. I appreciate the help

Ukulele Source in San Jose

I usually bypass the shipping by just loading up and getting a year's worth of strings all at once from Elderly.
I just took advantage of their recent string sale and picked up 8 or 9 packs of various Worths for the six or seven ukes in rotation and I won't have to even think about new strings until the back end of 2012.

It's certainly not like I won't eventually use all of them and they don't spoil.

I bought some at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach. They don't list them on their website http://www.ukuleleparadise.com/ but they stock them at the store. Worth a call. (get it?)

Ukulele Source in San Jose

I second Ukulele Source. Smiley and Janet are wonderful folk - took very good care of me when I bought my KoAloha Sceptre, but the care was the same when I was looking at lower end instruments as well.

I asked about strings at Sylvan in Santa Cruz, but they don't stock many brands. I'm hoping to make it to Gryphon the next time I'm out, especially since the family duties have decreased.

-Kurt​

i ended up ordering them on elderly.com. they came really fast, just a day wait. the strings sound amazing. it somehow fixed my intonation, which i don't understand whatsoever. the upper frets were all sharp before, and these strings have higher-tension than the aquilas. now its pretty much perfect. totally counter-intuitive to me.

I second Ukulele Source. Smiley and Janet are wonderful folk - took very good care of me when I bought my KoAloha Sceptre, but the care was the same when I was looking at lower end instruments as well.

I asked about strings at Sylvan in Santa Cruz, but they don't stock many brands. I'm hoping to make it to Gryphon the next time I'm out, especially since the family duties have decreased.

-Kurt​
yeah i drove up to palo alto to get my mandolin fixed. gryphon is such an awesome place. god i wish gryphon was my local music store. my local one sucks a fat one

i ended up ordering them on elderly.com. they came really fast, just a day wait. the strings sound amazing. it somehow fixed my intonation, which i don't understand whatsoever. the upper frets were all sharp before, and these strings have higher-tension than the aquilas. now its pretty much perfect. totally counter-intuitive to me.

Which Worths did you get?

Top Bottom