That stupid Doubleclick ad is killing forum performance

Same here non with chrome.

Using iPad...don't see ad, but get white screen when first entering forum and have to back out.

im on IE with no ad, mabee you picked up some malware? try the program 'Malwarebytes' to get rid of it?

I would love to see ads if I can support this forum with it, but I don't see any.

looks like its client side or browser problem, not about the site's ad

I mostly use an iPad and I don't have the "white screen" issue or a problem with ads.

Agreed, this sounds suspiciously like a machine infected with spyware. I'd be sure you're running a tool like Malware Bytes.

Using iPad...don't see ad, but get white screen when first entering forum and have to back out.
I started getting this, too, sporadically over the last week or two. Running Safari on a MacBook. Maybe it's an Apple/Safari thing.
It doesn't happen with Chrome or Firefox, but I've got other complaints about those browsers that keep me from using them as my default.

I started getting this, too, sporadically over the last week or two. Running Safari on a MacBook. Maybe it's an Apple/Safari thing.
It doesn't happen with Chrome or Firefox, but I've got other complaints about those browsers that keep me from using them as my default.

I have the white screen problem too. I use Chrome or Firefox (mostly Chrome) in Ubuntu Linux - so not just a Mac issue. When it happens a message "failed to resolve url" or something like it flashes briefly on the screen. A second click on the bookmark usually loads the site OK. I have adblock installed on both browsers.

I.e. and no ads here. Does sound like you may have picked up some malware. Have you recently installed software that might have installed a browser toolbar or other component. I hate that crap because they always distribute the setup to default to install the "extras." If you're not paying attention when you run the installation you can add a bunch of crap that really affects browser performance.

John

Top Bottom