Komoa Case

Ukulele Uprising or Larry's Music. Same source.

Don't know if my Big Island will fit one of these. It says 9 1/2" for lower bout and mine is exactly 9 1/2" Probably a snugg fit. That maybe why Uke Crazy cases are used for a lot of production ukes.

Don't know if my Big Island will fit one of these. It says 9 1/2" for lower bout and mine is exactly 9 1/2" Probably a snugg fit. That maybe why Uke Crazy cases are used for a lot of production ukes.
When buying cases, Inside dementions matter more to me if I want a snug fit..ussually is...I'd ask for inside dementions and compare it to the uke you will use it for.. I got a weaved leather
case on the last one and while it fits well on the sides heatstock has about an inch and 3/4 space leftover..very important to check.. what is so good for those Kamoa hard vinyl molded cases
anyway for flight..???

When buying cases, Inside dementions matter more to me if I want a snug fit..ussually is...I'd ask for inside dementions and compare it to the uke you will use it for.. I got a weaved leather
case on the last one and while it fits well on the sides heatstock has about an inch and 3/4 space leftover..very important to check.. what is so good for those Kamoa hard vinyl molded cases
anyway for flight..???
Where did the leather case come from? That sounds cool. My Big Island deserves something like that. I love the Kala hard cases, but alas my Big Island is TOO Big Island.

You can also get them at Elderly, where they are usually a bit cheaper. http://www.elderly.com/brand/138N_kamoa.html

I have three of them -- they are super light, and offer very snug fits. They also come with backpack straps which makes carrying them very convenient -- although the padded "leather" handle is quite soft and comfortable to hold. The downside of them is they are extremely scratch prone (though I heard the new ones are more strike resistant) - my red one looks like it has been to battle and it has only been on three trips.

aren't those cases worth more than the uke itself?

You can also get them at Elderly, where they are usually a bit cheaper. http://www.elderly.com/brand/138N_kamoa.html

I've been wondering whether Elderly has the newer, supposedly more strike resistant, version of these cases. I'm thinking of buying one of these cases for my Kamaka (I'm planning to take it somewhere next summer, and I've already tried one of the cases on for size), but I keep thinking I'll buy it from Larry's Music so I can talk to Sam's dad again. :)

Where did the leather case come from? That sounds cool. My Big Island deserves something like that. I love the Kala hard cases, but alas my Big Island is TOO Big Island.[/QUOTe
It came with a uke I got. It is a uke crazy case..didn't know they made these so nice..I have alot of the cheaper ones..foam/nylon type.. yes the hard case weaved leather is stunning and
the latches are the smoothest I've ever experienced.. inside is foam velvet lining...awesome with the built in guage...way too cool...

I've been wondering whether Elderly has the newer, supposedly more strike resistant, version of these cases. I'm thinking of buying one of these cases for my Kamaka (I'm planning to take it somewhere next summer, and I've already tried one of the cases on for size), but I keep thinking I'll buy it from Larry's Music so I can talk to Sam's dad again. :)

:) Larry's music has become a vacation destination for me as well!

Nah, Big Islands ukes are in the mid price range over $350 or so.
I know that BI are in that $350-$500 range but isn't the Kamoa case like $500? Or am I thinking of something else? I would google it but I am at work and all the music sites are blocked.

Only the carbon fiber model is that expensive. The fiberglass is under $150. Kamakahawaii has new cases out that look like Koolau cases with the archtops. They have the Kamaka logo too.

Only the carbon fiber model is that expensive. The fiberglass is under $150. Kamakahawaii has new cases out that look like Koolau cases with the archtops. They have the Kamaka logo too.

Where did you see those Ronnie?

As for the cost, Ronnie is right only the carbon fiber costs that much. The fiberglass ones are closer to the $200 mark depending on the size you want.

Last edited:
Here's a photo of one. Gryphon Strings is offering them with its new shipment of Kamakas.

attachment.php

Kamaka also posted about it on its Facebook page in early October. A Kamaka post for the photo of the new case says "Email sales@kamakahawaii.com or call (808) 531-3165 for case prices."

Interesting, thanks for sharing (sorry to hijack the thread from the OP).

Top Bottom