Who makes the "High Dolla" Ukes?

georgio

Reaction score
I'm still new to the Uke and I'm playing a Mainland Concert that I am quite happy with, But...

If money was no object (I do play the lottery) and I wanted to upgrade to the Mac-Daddy...

What brand(s) are considered Top-0-de-line?

What would YOU buy if you lit cigars with $100 bills? :)

Extra points for pics!

Moore Bettah, Mya-Moe, Kamaka makes pretty good ukuleles. um, there are a few other handmade brands, but i dont know the names... im pretty sure Kanile'a makes pretty awesome ukuleles

truly higher dollar ukes are Collings customs, Santa Cruz guitars, Compass Rose customs, Shinji Takahashi customs, Devine, Scheurenbrand Ukulele are just some. Custom kanileas, koalohas and kamakas can get up there also in $$$$. There are many more...

Koa works,,william something.lymana , pete howlett...

but theres a difference in high cost ukes...and to find one that has all these factors..great sound, great playability, comfort..great asthetics.. is hard to find with all these charatheristics together.

Koa works,,william something.lymana , pete howlett...

but theres a difference in high cost ukes...and to find one that has all these factors..great sound, great playability, comfort..great asthetics.. is hard to find with all these charatheristics together.
Stan, he's still new. He'll learn that just because it cost a lot, doesn't guarantee it is a good one.

I'm still new to the Uke and I'm playing a Mainland Concert that I am quite happy with, But...

If money was no object (I do play the lottery) and I wanted to upgrade to the Mac-Daddy...

What brand(s) are considered Top-0-de-line?

What would YOU buy if you lit cigars with $100 bills? :)

Extra points for pics!
See the Custom Builders List and the 808 Builders List . . .

Take a look at Jake's work at Hive Ukulele- high dollar, high beauty and perfect tone. Someday I will rob a bank and play Merle Haggard tunes on one all day long.

Man those Moore Bettah customs are drool worthy.
But like someone suggested... What do the purty ones sound like?
Thanks all who posted. It was fun looking :)

Man those Moore Bettah customs are drool worthy.
But like someone suggested... What do the purty ones sound like?
Thanks all who posted. It was fun looking :)
MB's are drool worthy and they sound killahs . . . as with other custom jobs, you work with the luthier to decide what you want incorporated in your build. I have not run across a custom I did not like, my problem is financial affordability.

Samples...OK, here we go.
Here is my friend Christopher (I have known him since he was 14) playing a Hive Ukulele...this is probably the first time he ever picked one up

And here he is again, making the uke shine

Jake's work is beautiful st this price point- someday I will be able to just get one

I'd still stay grounded.....but I'd get a custom MyaMoe resonator with a pickup.

Moore Bettah all day long! Unbelievable craftsmanship, excellent sound and all around nice guy!

The Moore Bettah Ukes are legitimate works of art. They are stunning in their looks and everyone that has one swears by them. The truth is, I had Bradford build me a custom Concert, and I am absolutely in love with it. If I had limitless funds, I would give him the greenlight to design something entirely unique and new. Something that he could really bite into and make something unique and special. I'd love to see what that guy can do if the $ was truly not an option. He built mine for an incredible price and it is awesome. I have no idea what would happen if he was set loose with no concern about budget.

Top Bottom