making your first youtube video.

not really now i think bou tit
it was a uke off between me and uke(insert numbers) 4get ur name... its like.. wll or sumthing

yeah i wasnt rally nervous... its just playing.... set it up and just play and makes it feel like no1s around...

and yeah!!

Haha my first youtube vid was actually a lip sincing video :D
Im pretty sure this thread meant "UKULELE vids but you never specified

i posted this one about 2-3 years ago outta boredom
It's pretty good
hahaha

Mine was "I Shot the Sheriff," and yes I was really nervous. You've just got to let go. Remember, you don't have to nail it on the first take, or even on the tenth take. Do it until you're satisfied.

my first youtube video was to enter the Ukulele Underground "Where will uke go?" contest. was i nervous? hell yes! but really glad UU got me out of my shell. the support from others makes it easier.

have fun and good luck!

oh yeah, and like deach said, "beer and wigs". you can't go wrong.:)

shoot i thougt i was the only one nervous.. haha

dude seeso your i shot the sherrif was magnificent!

thanks for all the suggestions. the make and wig thing i might try that.. AHAH!

oh and i wouldnt be editing it just recording it on my webcam!

so when my first one comes up check it out!

im doing an insturmental one first becase i was supposed to put up a sound sample of my kanilea k-1 tenor so yeeP!

mahalo

I used to get nervous when recording a video, then after the 89th take, get mad enough to not care whether I screwed up or not.

The more videos you make, the easier it gets. I've done about 150 (although my official number is 112 - there's some secret ones and some I deleted) and my nervousness is gone.

Pretty much. ;)

My first youtube video was recorded on the first day I tried learning how to play Ukulele as a way to gauge my progress...it's still out there....floating somewhere....:uhoh:

Here is my first youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTnl2ry9Ihg
no uke, just me riding my bike through nyc

I'm moving to a new place by the end of the month with lots of windows so I'll try my hand at making ukulele videos when you can actually see them (my place now is a crappy little no window craphole)

that's cool AcousticDoc... how soon will you post another w/ your progress?

lol probably not in awhile, Ukulele's kinda taken a backseat for me since I don't know anyone else that plays and I have to self teach. In addition, it seems that everyone looks at my Uke like a toy! :mad: Oh well, maybe this thread is the start point for the motivation I need to start playing Uke again lol!

In anycase, here's the youtube video of my first day with the Uke (lol my apologies if your ears start bleeding): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJkctdPZNws

Dane,
What programs are you guys using for capture and editing?

i have only done one uke vid, but i have a pretty good video editing background. realisticly if you want a vid that will just be cool, i say use Window's Movie Maker. It comes standard on all factory Windows PCs. it works just like Apple iMovie, well sort of. if you want to get more technical i would say try Adobe Final Cut, then Adobe After Effects. these are hella expensive unless you have a bit of pirate in you.

so all in all i say use Windows Movie Maker.

just my 2cents

I got a Flip Ultra to record myself playing but even though I play live at the local open mic night, my heart pounds at the mere thought of recording myself and I haven't done it yet. Crazy. I know if I don't play at the open mic I'll feel really disappointed with myself and that's got me through about six or seven performances. But just me and the camera ... scary.

Top Bottom