Custom Koa Ukulele wall hanger by musicguymic named "A'a lava" for sale

MGM

Reaction score
This is an art piece as well as a functional ukulele wall hanger I named "A'a Lava". Signed by me and numbered 008 this is a one of a kind custom solid koa piece about 19-3/4" long by 8-5/8" at its highest point. It is approximately 7/8" thick. The Koa bark reminds one of the fast moving A'a lava flows. A'a lava flows have a rough surface made up of broken blocks of lava. These broken pieces of lava are called clinkers. The shape reminds of some Hawaiian mountain range and the Koa has striking deep curls....Price is 150.00 plus 14.95 shipping 927-7297 aloha MGM
075.jpg

088.jpg

072-1.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to have this, as the curl matches the face of my Kamaka. But alas, my wife just got laid off and now we're living on my teacher salary only. Hope this sells fast so I'm not tempted further :)

Would love to have this, as the curl matches the face of my Kamaka. But alas, my wife just got laid off and now we're living on my teacher salary only. Hope this sells fast so I'm not tempted further :)

Gary, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's layoff. I hope she finds something else soon.

That's a beautiful piece of koa and a great idea for a wall hanger. I keep my ukes in cases, but for someone who likes to hang theirs, this would be a really nice way to do it. Good luck with the sale, MGM!

This is really tempting. It almost looks like it was cut from the same stock that my soon to be new mya moe was cut from. Heres a pic from a finished mya moe that used some of the same wood http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=509&submit=track

And here is the actual wood my uke will have IMG_2417.jpgIMG_2418.jpg

What do you think; do they match well enough that I should just pull the trigger already?

Last edited:
This is really tempting. It almost looks like it was cut from the same stock that my soon to be new mya moe was cut from. Heres a pic from a finished mya moe that used some of the same wood http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=509&submit=track

What do you think; do they match well enough that I should just pull the trigger already?

Oh, yeah, they really do compliment each other! You should do it.

And remember, a purchase from MGM is a mitzvah!

-Kurt​

You're right. Trigger=pulled. PM sent; this baby is mine!

Congratulations! You got yourself one really pretty piece of art for a great price. In fact, it would be worth more than that just as art, and I would be willing to wager it would look at least as good even without that sexy little MyaMoe hanging from it.

Well done and enjoy your new addition.

Glad this found a new home,....as i was tempted also. I just knew here in the northeast i can't chance hanging any
acoustic instrument on the wall during the heating season. I do have a humidifyer going round the clock from november to april usually, but the ukes and guitars stay in cases unless i'm playing them just to be sure.

......if you're in a part of the country that gets cold and you heat with forced hot air, you might look into getting a glass enclosure to mount that cool uke hanger inside. Then you can just humidify the small encloser while you admire the hanger and whatever instrument is hanging on it! :D

And here is the actual wood my uke will have View attachment 29722View attachment 29723

Top Bottom