Here's a strange thing

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm making this for a special reason :)....Can you guess what it's for ??..My Son thinks it's a ukulele "balance arm" :eek:...All will be revealed shortly.
PICT0003-13.jpg

Last edited:
It's a caul for a uke hold down.

Last edited:
Half pipe for cockroach skateboarders?

Last edited:
It's a reproduction of a component of a torture device he saw in the Tower of London. This is applied before plucking out intestines as per the final scens in the movie "Brave Heart" which is, of course, the first act to drawing and quartering. These Brits, you know... Took 'em forever to stop hanging folks at Tyburn and suspending pirates between tides in gibbets. This is part of a device known as "Slow Death by Uke." Kind of like the Spanish "garrotte"...not to be confused with the French style that can be done with a ukulele string...

Have not seen one of those in some time. That my fine friends is alien technology at its finest.Basically the first personal computer. I believe this to be a replica of the original piece uncovered in Egypt in the 1950s. Amazingly enough they carbon dated the original and found it to predate the age of the dinosaur. What a remarkable treasure.

AWAY LADS!!:D..(Geordie expression for "can't you do better than that")
It's a "double ended heel test piece"..so I can set up my tooling to make a batch of dovetail necks...I made it double ended so I could have a couple of tries to get the set up right co's it usually needs a bit of tweeking before i'm happy with it.
here it is now it's done.
PICT0009-6.jpg

PICT0006-7.jpg

I thought it was a new handle for your refrigerator.

I'm disappointed too. I was convinced it was a custom spacer for your two-holer outside privy.

Dang! :(
I thought it was a door handle to another universe!
It's very :cool:

Top Bottom