Excellent silver lining

bynapkinart

Reaction score
I've been waiting for an Ohana SK38 for over two months. A couple of days ago I went ahead and bought a cheap plastic uke, and then yesterday I dropped some cash on a Makai, which is when I found out from Mike that the SK38 that they're going to get this week is different from the one that I've been drooling over (not sure what I'm allowed to say here, Mike ;) ).

I was bummed. So I cancelled both the Makai and Ohana and tried to get the Big Island Mango Soprano...no joy, none in stock. Then I tried for the Kelii Silver soprano...but only the pineapple was in stock.

I realized how much money I was about to spend on two ukuleles, and decided to go ahead and put it all together for the uke that I've been dreaming of ever since I started playing: the Koaloha Soprano.

I ordered it today, I'm crossing my fingers that it will get here before I leave!!!

I've been waiting for an Ohana SK38 for over two months. A couple of days ago I went ahead and bought a cheap plastic uke, and then yesterday I dropped some cash on a Makai, which is when I found out from Mike that the SK38 that they're going to get this week is different from the one that I've been drooling over (not sure what I'm allowed to say here, Mike ;) ).

I was bummed. So I cancelled both the Makai and Ohana and tried to get the Big Island Mango Soprano...no joy, none in stock. Then I tried for the Kelii Silver soprano...but only the pineapple was in stock.

I realized how much money I was about to spend on two ukuleles, and decided to go ahead and put it all together for the uke that I've been dreaming of ever since I started playing: the Koaloha Soprano.

I ordered it today, I'm crossing my fingers that it will get here before I leave!!!

Oh yeah, you definitely made the right choice. In this case one is absolutely worth more than two.

It's better to have quality than quantity. I just got a custom Ko'olau and it's absolutely amazing. My other ukes don't really get played much anymore and I'm actually thinking of selling one. Now I'm feeling like all I need is two uke's. My nice uke and a beater.

Aloha Ben,
Smart thinking..love all my K ukes..the Koaloha soprano is brighter, and the kamaka is fuller and warmer rounder sound...I prefer the last, but get them both...ha ha congrats...

Yep, definitely a good choice. I think a lot of UAS (not all, but a lot) would be fixed pretty early if folks would just bite the bullet and get a really nice uke up front.

John

Yep, definitely a good choice. I think a lot of UAS (not all, but a lot) would be fixed pretty early if folks would just bite the bullet and get a really nice uke up front.

John

Oh, this +1000

I think that is absolutely true for all but the most addicted/infected folks. It certainly is true for me. Hell, I was almost completely out of the market for a new 'ukulele after I got my aNueNue. Now that I lucked into a good price on the Kanile'a I suddenly find I almost never even bother checking other ukes out.

Top Bottom