PDA

View Full Version : I suppose this counts as my first ukulele video...

Bob Bledsoe
11-07-2011, 05:37 AM
I've been doing a weekly show about gardening - from the perspective of me growing a garden and not knowing what I'm doing. Getting advice on the youtube page from experienced gardeners so everyone can learn together... Anyhoo, this episode has several clips of my attempts at coming up with a theme song on the uke. I just realized that technically this is my first "ukulele video". So here it is. If you care enough to watch the 6 minute gardening episode for the several ukulele clips scattered about, let me know what you think!

BTW, I started playing in August. Love this forum!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvo5HOdJBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvo5HOdJBY

Bob.

coriandre
11-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Haha ! I think you should forget about gardening and concentrate on the uke :o

You should use the "Bob the builder" chords.

eddyfinnguy
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
turnips and parsnips are great winter crops, peas might do well where you live

Now that I have helped you I have a question,,,,,, any advice for an indoor culinary herb garden?

Michael

wee_ginga_yin
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Another uke player who does gardening. I had to open another channel
called "Gardening in a cold climate" (http://www.youtube.com/user/OldGardenerGuy) to deal with my interest in gardening.
I have no problems regarding what to grow during the winter since the
garden is about a meter under the snow and the temperatures can get down
to -20 C

Best quote ever was from the poet William Wordsworth who was keen on plants
"Wisdom comes more often when we stoop that when we soar"

I think he had weeding in mind when he said that :-)

Billsie
11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
A most inspiring episode, Bob, from one Angelino to another. Your video is obviously concieved and produced
right here in Sothern California; Entertainment Capitol of the World. I fully appreciate your well informed offering!
Best wishes. Billsie

__________________________________________________ _____________________

My Original Song on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/billsieofficialu2b?feature=mhsn)
My Website (http://www.billsie.com/)

Bob Bledsoe
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey all, thanks for your comments!

coriandre, Bob The Builder chords is a good idea. I'll have to look them up. ;-)

Michael, I haven't done an indoor herb garden yet, but plan to later as part of the garden show. I'm growing tons of lemon thyme and basil outside though. I wouldn't be any good for advice on it other than saying "it's real tasty"... I might do more peas in place of the tomatoes. I have some planted already, but I'd like to do more. Good idea.

wee_ginga_yin, good to know others on here are interested in gardening. I liked your apple tree planting. Cool video! I'm running a few different youtube channels as well. Two comedy channels and the gardening one. A lot to keep track of!

Billsie, thanks for your kind words. Yep, the videos are shot just right over the hill from Malibu. ;-)

TCK
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Bob- you are hilarious. And you need to tent your plants in plastic.
My 6th grade gardeners are going to watch all of these, and someday I will film the 20 of them who are off playing Ukulele while we work our gardens.
This is magic- plant greens and peas now and tent them
Cheers- laughed the whole time

Bob Bledsoe
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words and advice TCK! Glad you like the videos... I'll see what I can do about tenting the plants. That might be better than housing the entire garden under sheets of plastic... If you show your 6th graders the gardening videos, tell them I've been on Hannah Montana and Big Time Rush - It'll make the video watching much more exciting for them ;-)... and be careful not to click on my sketches - they're not as "school friendly" as the gardening vids.
Cheers!
Bob

OccasionalEcoTerrorist
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
That was funny. May the bless of the Magical Crop Fairy fell upon you, because you need it :D

roxhum
11-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Bob you are very funny. I enjoyed it very much. Love your Goonie tee shirt. Your explosion reminds me... Over a decade ago following my father's unexpected death my sister and I were left to figure out what to do with my father's garden, apple orchard and that huge burn pile out in the horse corral. The day came and as my sister poured gasoline on the pile I lit the match. BOOM! Thank God for fire retardant clothes and angels. The only damage was my eyebrows and the peach fuss on my face got singed. The neighbor begged us to let him handle the burn piles in the future and the wild things in the orchard took care of all those apples that could have rotted on the ground.

Bob Bledsoe
11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks! Glad you all liked the video. I'm going to keep doing these garden vlogs each week until either HGTV gives me a show or I get tired of schlepping my tripod up and down the hill.
Great story roxhum! That scenario could very well be the final episode of Bob In The Garden. ;-)