I need to give a kudo

Nickie

Reaction score
I am here to give a big kudo and a big hug to Mim of Mim's Ukes. I had the pleasure of meeting this nice young gal at the Ukulele Getaway of the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society this past weekend. She spent almost an hour setting up my little Cordoba concert ukulele, that I bought somewhere else last year. She wouldn't take a dime for it. Needless to say, my next ukulele is coming from her! It's already been ordered. Thanks Mim, you're the greatest!

That's great to hear! I'm looking to buy soon and she carry's the one I want. Definitely going to her!

I have had great experiences with Mim (from whom I bought an Eleuke and an 8-string Lanikai tenor), as well as with MGM (from whom I bought my second and third ukuleles) and Mike at Uke Republic (from whom I haven't been able to buy anything yet, but I will someday). I think one of the causes of my UAS is that the people here who sell ukuleles are so nice I want to buy lots of stuff from them. :)

It is re-assuring to see such positive message given to the people dealing with Ukulele selling and handling. I think this is one rare society where there are still ethical and honest people that are so passionate about the trade. Now I know whom to deal with if I ever need to purchase my Ukes from abroad.

I brought my Eleuke from her,. she gave me a great deal, set up the eleuke brilliantly and I was really pleased with the transaction! Hooray for Mim! :D

Knowledge, ethics and passion for the uke, add kindness and generosity, a great personality, big smile and an energetic, fun lady = MIM. If Mim's Ukes carries what you want or need, you won't be disappointed.

I have had great experiences with Mim (from whom I bought an Eleuke and an 8-string Lanikai tenor), as well as with MGM (from whom I bought my second and third ukuleles) and Mike at Uke Republic (from whom I haven't been able to buy anything yet, but I will someday). I think one of the causes of my UAS is that the people here who sell ukuleles are so nice I want to buy lots of stuff from them. :)

:agree: I was there also and spent quite a bit of time with her. Awesome person, ethical dealer. Glad I met her and I too will do some business with her in the future.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mim at the NAMM show in California and also at UWC. I am also a customer, I bought an ukulele as a gift for my mother-in-law and it arrived well packaged and set up perfectly. Mim truly cares about her customers and is wonderful to deal with.

Keep up the great work Mim!

I was in an accident recently and messed up my 8-string Lanikai pretty badly. Beyond repair.

Mim, who I purchased it from originally, was on the ball right away, organizing a replacement for me in the minimum amount of time.

The DAY that my hand had healed enough to actually play was the day that my new one arrived... and it sounds like heaven!
8-strings sound like a carnival at the worst of times... this one sounds like the best carnival you've ever been to!
They're also a pain in the ass to tune, especially in the early days, before the strings settle.
This one? Tuning it is... delicious. I don't know how else to describe it.

AND!!! It's GORGEOUS! She knows my taste and went out of her way to pick out the nicest looking, best sounding one she could find.

I not only have absolutely no problem endorsing Mim and Mim's Ukes, I ENCOURAGE you to do so!
Even if you don't play the ukulele! You will after dealing with her!

Awwwww shucks guys, thanks!

It was great meeting you too Nickie!

I do love setting up ukes. I find it fun! And when someone comes to me with a buzz or a problem, I love the challenge of tracking it down and fixing it. So Nickie's uke was fun/ a tad frustrating... haha! When someone gets a new set-up uke they dont have the opprotunity to notice the difference a good set-up can make. So it was fun at Tampa getting to set up ukes that have already been played for a few months and their owners realizing the difference it made when it was done.

Thanks to the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society. It was a great getaway and if anyone is looking for a great uke event to attend, this is one that is hard to beat! Well organized, packed with great worshops, good food... and the BEST people!

Best part, Saturday night creating a no more than 4 chord jam. We had a lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and some great music! Even Pumped Up Kicks! We even had a Rasta join in on some Bob Marley tunes! Good times!

Top Bottom