FS: Martin S1 Soprano<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
SOLD-------

I picked up this soprano here on UU a couple months ago because I wanted to check out the classic Martin Soprano in its latest build. The previous owner, while trying to remove the saddle, broke off the end. The A string may be 1 billionth of an inch lower but I don't feel any difference so I just left it alone. I did change out the G string as it came to me with a low G on it. A low G on a little soprano? I didn't like it so I put a Hilo high G on it. Now, it sounds like a soprano should. This uke has a surprise. It has geared tuning pegs installed; not the ordinary friction pegs. Pretty cool upgrade. It comes with the official Martin embroidered gig bag which is nice.

Why am I selling it? I couldn't resist Tom's cigar box uke he posted here a couple of weeks ago and since I'm not really playing this Martin, it needs to find a good home and help me pay off Tom.

That's it. I paid $250.00 for it plus shipping and that's what I'm selling it for. The same uke without the peg upgrades is selling on Elderly for $379.00. So, this is a good deal.

PM me here or e-mail me dprovines@provines.net PayPal preferred!

DSCN4097.jpgDSCN4089.jpgDSCN4091.jpgDSCN4092.jpgDSCN4094.jpg

Last edited:
DSCN4096.jpg

One more of the geared pegs.

Attachments

• DSCN4097.jpg
    DSCN4097.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 37
tempting...

I didn't know Martin made instruments in Mexico. Are they making them there now or is it just ukes?

All of their cheaper models are produced in Mexico, including their guitars. I've owned one of their entry level solid-top acoustics and was very dissatisfied with the sound and playability for such a large manufacturer like Martin. Taylor produces a few of their lower cost models in Mexico as well, but as far as value is concerned, they're MUCH better. Just one man's opinion. Of course, I'm mostly talking about guitars here. This ukulele is a fine one, and with excellent build quality as well! This is a good price, especially with the pegheds!

Last edited:
More Martins made in Mexico - Besides their lower priced ukes (S-O & S-1), Backpacker and the newer HPL models,they have just started to produce an all solid sapele D designated as a DRS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom