PDA

View Full Version : Live in Goleta or Santa Barbara? Let's play some uke!

misterpk
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Hello!

If any UU'ers live in Santa Barbara or Goleta, let's get together and play some uke!

I like all sorts of music, but I especially like the stereo typical acoustic stuff like Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Jason Mraz etc. I also like groups like Pure Heart and Ka'au Crater Boys.

I'd be looking to jam. Let's sing a little, solo a little, work on rhythm and strumming...

PM or respond to the thread if you're interested!

-Nick

SailingUke
11-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I am down in the Ventura area and get together with lots of players.
There is also a group that meets on Saturdays 1:00PM at the Santa Barbara Harbor.

misterpk
11-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks. I've played with the group at the Harbor before. Great people. I'm looking for people who like more contemporary music. They've always been open minded when I bring charts though.

I'm also looking for people that can play the jam songs, like Bodysurfing, Uke on a stick, Gypsy Ukulele and others. I'm more than happy to jam with guitar players too. Any one that likes to play leads as well! :)

ckellogg
05-24-2012, 03:45 PM
There is also a group that meets on Saturdays 1:00PM at the Santa Barbara Harbor.

Hey, are they still meeting? I could try to hit that this weekend. Thanks!

ckellogg
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM

Could you point me to info about the Ventura groups? Thanks!

KentSantaBarbara
05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm in SB and live up behind the Mission. I've only been playing for a year and a half but I'm open to trying. sending PM

ckellogg
05-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm in SB and live up behind the Mission. I've only been playing for a year and a half but I'm open to trying. sending PM

I've been playing about the same amount of time. My mom's house is near Alamar & Foothill. Looks like you live in my hood. The ukulele community in Washington DC is super active and big, it's pretty great. Seems to be NOTHING in Columbus, where I"m moving in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll be a trailblazer. It's a rough life.

misterpk
05-25-2012, 07:45 AM
As far as I know they are still meeting there. 1 pm somehwere in the harbor. They used to meet in front of Endless Summer Cafe/Waterfront Grille, but last time I saw they were meeting in front of a tree.

If you all are up for it I might be able to show up this weekend.

ckellogg
05-25-2012, 08:37 AM
I got a message from someone at Anacapa Ukulele, he said they meet at the East Beach Bath House at 1. I'm going to try and make it. I'll be the chunky (haha) middleaged lady wearing an aloha shirt and carrying a Peanut.

SailingUke
05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
They have NOT met on East Beach for years.
They are on the grass next to the Maritime Museum and Endless Summer.
The meeting time is 1:00, but most show up late and they get started about 1:30.
I am heading out for a music weekend or else we would be there.

ckellogg
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
They have NOT met on East Beach for years.
They are on the grass next to the Maritime Museum and Endless Summer.
The meeting time is 1:00, but most show up late and they get started about 1:30.
I am heading out for a music weekend or else we would be there.

Cool, thanks for this important info!!!

misterpk
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Whew, I'm glad Alan commented on that. If you went to East Beach you'd have been really disappointed.

I'm not sure I can make it but I'll try.