Jonathan Coulton Ukes It Up

Kem

Reaction score
Ukulele Alert:

Jonathan Coulton's new "Still Alive" music video features JoCo himself playing a Makala. ("Still Alive," for those who don't know, is the song that plays over the credits of the video game Portal. Coulton is known for his very, very geeky songs, which have been known to deal with subjects such as mad scientists, zombies, inexplicably creepy dolls, the Mandelbrot set, giant squid monsters, and Pluto.)

Ukulele Alert:

Jonathan Coulton's new "Still Alive" music video features JoCo himself playing a Makala. ("Still Alive," for those who don't know, is the song that plays over the credits of the video game Portal. Coulton is known for his very, very geeky songs, which have been known to deal with subjects such as mad scientists, zombies, inexplicably creepy dolls, the Mandelbrot set, giant squid monsters, and Pluto.)

Gee, you forgot the one that broke him out of his cubical hell-cell - "Code Monkey" :)

Gee, you forgot the one that broke him out of his cubical hell-cell - "Code Monkey" :)

Yes...I wasn't sure how to include it in my concise little list without using the term "code monkeys," which just seemed likely to confuse people. "Code Monkey" is actually quite fun to play on the ukulele, as is "Skullcrusher Mountain."

That was pretty fun.

Ukulele Alert:

I love JoCo! I actually blame his live DVD "Best. Concert. Ever." (featuring Kristen Shirts on uke) for turning me on to the ukulele in the first place.

Saw him in Manchester a while back just after he'd bought that uke from Hobgoblin. endied up using it wquite a bit in the show after one of his guitar strings snapped.

Top Bottom