Pinocchio?

musiccityuker

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere. No luck. Hoping to find some sheet music and chords for a little Jimminy Cricket tune in Pinnochio. The song "Give A Little Whistle" is on my brain and I gotta find some basic chords to get started with my own little rendition. Would figure them out for myself but I'm not that adept just yet. Can anyone direct me to some sheet music or other source where I might find a few chords to that sweet little song?

I've looked everywhere. No luck. Hoping to find some sheet music and chords for a little Jimminy Cricket tune in Pinnochio. The song "Give A Little Whistle" is on my brain and I gotta find some basic chords to get started with my own little rendition. Would figure them out for myself but I'm not that adept just yet. Can anyone direct me to some sheet music or other source where I might find a few chords to that sweet little song?

I don't think you've looked everywhere. A simple Google search turns up a lot:

http://www.google.com/#pq=give+a+little+whistle+sheet+music&hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=11&gs_id=1w&xhr=t&q=pinocchio+give+a+little+whistle+sheet+music&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=pinnocchio+give+a+little+whistle+sheet+music&aq=0lv&aqi=g-lv1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=dbace3104e50799c&biw=1680&bih=824

Try again - you might have to buy the sheet music. Even the Mouse deserves some Intellectual Property income.

-Kurt​

I've got a book of piano/vocal/guitar sheet music from Hal Leonard called "The Disney Collection," and it's in there. I recommend the book. I used to play songs out of it to my daughter when she was little. The book is available on both MusicNotes.com and SheetMusicPlus.com.

A different variation with an intro added is available for download on MusicNotes.com:

http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0077721&

And you buy single-song sheet music in several different versions on SheetMusicPlus.com:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/search?q=give+a+little+whistle

hi musiccityuker, this is my version. I too couldn't find chords so I made up my own. Might not be 100% accurate, but it's pretty close I think.

It's just C, G7, E7, Am, D7 and F with a couple of diminished chords thrown in: 0101 (sliding up to the G7) and 2323.

If you can't work them out from the video let me know and I'll post the whole transcript with chords and lyrics mate. :)

hi musiccityuker, this is my version. I too couldn't find chords so I made up my own. Might not be 100% accurate, but it's pretty close I think.

I actually don't care if this isn't 100% accurate -- this is the definitive version of this song on an ukulele, and if the sheet music says otherwise, the sheet music is wrong. :)

For those who may not know, Cliff Edwards was the fellow who provided the voice of Jiminy Cricket in the film and sang that song, as well as "When You Wish Upon a Star"

Cliff Edwards also had the stage name of "Ukulele Ike" and was a huge star in the '20's and 30's and played a mean ukulele.

Top Bottom