uke tuners

ukesteezy

Reaction score
so, im looking to buy a tuner. this is my first tuner that ive EVER bought so im clueless of what to look for. any advice? and how much would it cost?

I suggest a chromatic tuner over a regular guitar tuner, because you can use them for pretty much any stringed instrument.

This tuner is probably the best one on the market for most people. It's very small, easy to read, and just clamps onto the headstock of your uke/guitar/bass/violin/etc. unobtrusively. You can even leave it there while playing and it won't get in the way!

Last edited:
ive gone through two of the IMT 500 tuners. theyre great little tuners for the money. but at the same time, ive already worn one out. basically the sensitivity to the vibrations has gone down, and i get off readings sometimes. not something i wanna be messing around with if im performing. my brother and i just recently got the KORG chromatic tuners that you can leave plugged in because they also have a line out. they run for only $25. so my setup would be: uke => line => tuner => line => para DI => line => amp/PA/mixer. and all i have to do is turn it on when i need to tune. the only drawback is that its not backlit. but havent had to rely on that yet at any venue.

ive gone through two of the IMT 500 tuners. theyre great little tuners for the money. but at the same time, ive already worn one out. basically the sensitivity to the vibrations has gone down, and i get off readings sometimes.....
did you change the battery?

(there's a joke here, but I better not...)

my brother and i just recently got the KORG chromatic tuners

Hey Arvin: Have you, Bugoy and the band found a new venue yet? We'll come down and watch, when you do.

The nice thing about the vibration sensitive tuners is that they are cheap eanough to replace, if something goes wrong. They work well in a busy, noisy environment, too. I have two that are both a year old and get used almost daily. I just bought new batteries last week (CR2032), as the displays were getting dim. I bring seven spare ukes to the weekly kanikapila and the vibration tuners are a lifesaver. How long do they take to wear out? Ric

Hey Arvin: Have you, Bugoy and the band found a new venue yet? We'll come down and watch, when you do.

The nice thing about the vibration sensitive tuners is that they are cheap eanough to replace, if something goes wrong. They work well in a busy, noisy environment, too. I have two that are both a year old and get used almost daily. I just bought new batteries last week (CR2032), as the displays were getting dim. I bring seven spare ukes to the weekly kanikapila and the vibration tuners are a lifesaver. How long do they take to wear out? Ric
we'll be playing a yokoz in bonita (across the street from southwestern college) on october. ill put up a post in the gig section. forgot to do that since i put up a vlog about it on youtube.

ok maybe i exagerated a lil bit on "wearing out" the tuner. i consider something worn out when it stops working like it did when it was brand new. the tuner still works. but i dont like to use it anymore because i get false readings on it every now and then. and i dont want to have to deal with it happening again, so i dont use my spare anymore either. with the korgs, i dont have to worry about that since its plugged into the tuner. its just more accurate that way for me. and the readings are spot on and immediate.

also, my brother and cris have such good ears that if we've gone a few songs and i havent re-tuned my uke, and they hear one string going out of tune i get an effed-up look from one of them hahaha.

I gotta BOSS TU-80 tuner & metronome
it was cheap and whatever
i don't actually ever use the real tuner because its kinda off on the acoustic stuff
I play quite a few instruments so :/

Top Bottom