PDA

View Full Version : Two SouthEast Ukers collaborate on 'Mother Nature's Son'

23skidoo
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
My friend Alan from SEUkers recorded this version of "Mother Nature's Son" a while back. His friend Bruce added a nice keyboard track and then Alan passed it along to me..... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_DRhEfRwq0

coriandre
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
That is great ! Love your videos and collaborations !

Captain_Lovehandles
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Studliness!

vanflynn
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Wonderful. Thank you

TCK
11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I think I had exhausted the Beatles playing my dad's records when I was a kid, usually skip them nowadays, until today. Off to find the original (I have everything, just never listen to it), but I bet it ain't a spot on this! Well done folks!

23skidoo
11-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone, had fun doing it..... when I first started learning the guitar in high school, I had one of those easy chord greatest hits books from the Beatles - how I taught myself to play..... every time I think I'm tired of them, I hear one of their tunes that I hadn't heard in awhile and rediscover them. There are certainly folks I like more, but I'm not sure, song for song, album for album, that there's ever been a band that's better.

Hippie Dribble
11-10-2011, 08:03 AM
sweet version fellas, nice bass and percussion and that uke of yours sounds great in that mix Bill...really like the sound of that Kala and your playing. And Alan, you have a lovely voice.

23skidoo
11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks, Jon, much appreciated...... the bass is actually the keyboard. Unless you have headphones or pretty good speakers, you can't really hear the piano that well - Bruce added his keyboard track directly to Alan's video track, so it turned out pretty low in the mix......