Mighty uke european tour

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all just thought i would share my excitement, I have booked tickets for the event in north west london. It is a 3 hour uke workshop with the legendary James Hill andd then the documentary and then James Hill does a set and we have a strum along as well. All that for 22 quid, you can do just the workshop for £11 or just the film and gig for £11, fantastic value I think.
Anyway if any fellow UK ukers are going along would love to say hello if your there, no worries if not. will try my hardest to get my uke signed by Mr James Hill :drool:

When is it? I might be able to find the cash for that, sounds like a great deal and if it's not too far into central London I may be able to make the trip!

Hi all just thought i would share my excitement, I have booked tickets for the event in north west london. It is a 3 hour uke workshop with the legendary James Hill andd then the documentary and then James Hill does a set and we have a strum along as well. All that for 22 quid, you can do just the workshop for £11 or just the film and gig for £11, fantastic value I think.
Anyway if any fellow UK ukers are going along would love to say hello if your there, no worries if not. will try my hardest to get my uke signed by Mr James Hill :drool:

Wow, that sounds like a great event! You guys are lucky... James is great, both as a teacher and performer. I am sure he will sign your uke if you ask him.

–Lori

Ooh, I wish I could finally see the documentary! And the workshop and the gig sound great too.

Sadly there's practically no chance they'd do a screening here. I've tried to find a place where I could order the DVD but there's only the official site which is located in the U.S. Well, I guess that's not technically a problem. I just usually buy stuff from EU countries because it's easier that way (no complicated taxes etc.).

Uh... THEY DID DO A SCREENING HERE!

But we didn't have James Hill, but we did have the guy who did the movie. He wanted everyone to bring a uke for a strumalong...

What happened instead was that we were told to lug our ukes around the city, only to listen to the FUN Ensemble play the songs we all knew. No one else played, and I wasn't going to be the only one playing in the audience!

There's probably some way to join the ensemble. They play along with silent movies at the Orion Theater. You'd have to ask Juha, who's a member here, or check out the FUN Finnish Ukulele Network on Facebook.

Last edited:
Uh... THEY DID DO A SCREENING HERE!

But we didn't have James Hill, but we did have the guy who did the movie. He wanted everyone to bring a uke for a strumalong...

What happened instead was that we were told to lug our ukes around the city, only to listen to the FUN Ensemble play the songs we all knew. No one else played, and I wasn't going to be the only one playing in the audience!

There's probably some way to join the ensemble. They play along with silent movies at the Orion Theater. You'd have to ask Juha, who's a member here, or check out the FUN Finnish Ukulele Network on Facebook.

They did?! Oops, my bad! :eek: When was it? Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the local scene enough then.

I'm not interested in the ensemble at all. Doesn't sound like fun to me. It's weird how people manage to squeeze the fun out of everything that's brought into this country... Well, maybe they have some explanation for that behaviour but I'd be real interested in hearing it.

Yeah it was November 5th at the Orion. Then the jam (concert) was at the Bruuveri. The Bruuveri makes a better potential meeting place because of the room you can reserve off to the side. They even had one of the Kala Mighty Ukes to give away. :)

Ooh, I wish I could finally see the documentary! And the workshop and the gig sound great too.

Sadly there's practically no chance they'd do a screening here. I've tried to find a place where I could order the DVD but there's only the official site which is located in the U.S. Well, I guess that's not technically a problem. I just usually buy stuff from EU countries because it's easier that way (no complicated taxes etc.).

I am in the UK i bought the dvd from the official site in the USA was no problem getting it delivered to here in the uk:)

Yeah I'm also in Helsinki, and had no problems getting the DVD. The uke? That was another matter. Now that customs processing is online-only, and they don't give all the code options, and the phones will be a crap shoot as to whether you get someone who speaks English... yeah, it's a kerfuffle.

Top Bottom