PDA

View Full Version : New SouthCoast Ukes Strings, excelent !!

patico
11-10-2011, 08:01 AM
After waiting for a long time, my Southcoast Ukes Strings finally arrived to Easter Island.
GoodBye Aquilas....

This new strings (medium gauge) feel a lot better when played, very soft touch. The sound is round n warm, overall volume is well balanced. Bass notes sound nice, the same as high notes. no muddy or harsh notes.

I recomend you try them !!!

i posted a song called "el emigrante" that talks about beeing sad when you live far away from your homeland (like me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYQZmNgTmSM

JamieFromOntario
11-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the world of truly superior strings!

Enjoy!!!

Play them for the maoi; see if they react ;)

Kanaka916
11-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Very nice . . . I just installed the 8 string set (wound) and strummed a few chords after tuning. Love the tone.

PoiDog
11-10-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree about the quality of Southcoast strings. I got a couple of sets recently (one medium and one hard), and am using the mediums on my Kanile'a. They sound very nice and have a good feel.

Perhaps you ought to put in your order for your next few sets now so they'll arrive in Rapa Nui before you need them!

Mouthy1
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I swear by this brand of strings. Dirk has helped me pick out the correct strings for what I wanted and he clearly "gets it". Great strings that completely transform the Uke.

RyRod
11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Glad you like them.

they're my favorites as well.

Dirk knows what he's doing.

patico
11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I have to publicly thank Dirk, from SouthCoast

he sent me 3 sets, no charge at all..... to Easter Island.

Thanks a lot Dirk !!!!!

Mason671
11-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Aloha patico!
I, too, have been enjoying playing SouthCoast Ukes strings on my baritone ukulele. He sent me another set of non-wound linear strings after there was a minor mix-up with the first set. He sent the replacement set right away. Much Mahaloz to Dirk and SouthCoast Ukes!

Mason671

PhilUSAFRet
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Wow, do you and those Southcoast strings ever make that Mainland sing!!!!!!!

TCK
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
THEY SOUND AMAZING! Wow did you make those strings sing!
While we are at it- Love my Southcoast strings. So nice to see them getting the recognition they deserve. Dirk is a top shelf fellow and his strings are the best...the rest just get handed out to my students when the are skint

patico
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
thanks everybody for your comments
the strings really sing, it's a shame the cheappo recorder i have can't catch the real sound of the music been played.

i'll keep studying n learning so i can share more music with all you guys

ukulelecowboy
11-12-2011, 02:34 AM
We use Southcoast linears on all our performance ukuleles. The quality and Dirk's knowledge are excellent.