UFC ON FOX - LIVE & FREE VELASQUEZ vs DOS SANTOS

KimosTherapy

Reaction score

UFC ON FOX – LIVE & FREE: CAIN VELASQUEZ vs JUNIOR DOS SANTOS Honda Center Anaheim, CA SATURDAY NOV 12 6PM PT/9PM ET

Ok … da UFC’s first fight cahd undah their multi, multi-million $$$ 7 year contract with FOX SPORTS. Da UFC is da fastest growing organization in any sport and becoming one of da most popular sports worldwide. For all of us MMA fans, things stay getting better very quickly. Now with the FOX SPORTS contract, there will be many UFC fight cahds free on tv. No need fo pay da PPV fees fo watch live – right on! The fighters will be getting paid a lot more now, too!

Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos fo da Heavyweight Championship!!! Brah, how you going choose who going win??? I have no idea … dey both stay hungry, dey both get unreal stand up/stiking ability and knockout powah … hhhhmmmmm. I going take da Champ Cain Velasquez cause of his wrestling background. Junior no like being on da ground, he prefers stand up/stiking and slugging it out. Fo shua, I no see da fight going da distance. I would be supah shocked if it did go da full 5 rounds! But fo shua, with these 2 sluggahs, it could be lights out either way!

Clay Guida vs Ben Henderson. Damn!!! One noddah tough fight fo call. Clay Guida wen school WEC Lightweight Champ Anthony “Showtime” Pettis via a dominant unanimous decision victory and wen give Pettis his first loss in his first UFC fight coming from da WEC. By now, we all know Pettis’ fo his most amazing MMA Kick of da Century - da most unreal Matrix Flying Round House Kick Off Da Cage Kick against Ben Henderson fo da WEC Lightweight Championship, which Pettis won. Ben Henderson is one badass fightah with some mean all around skills. I really cannot make one pick either way … I jus going leave em up to Bruddah Dan (ukestah) da Coin Tossah man!!! And pretty much all da rest of da fights cause I have no idea about da oddah fights. Eh, Bruddah Dan – no get da kine – eh, carpal tunnel syndrome from too much coin tossing!!! Haha! Ok. Here’s da fight cahd:

UFC Heavyweight Championship:

- Cain Velasquez(9-0) 6’1”, 240lbs vs Junior Dos Santos(13-1) 6’4”, 238lbs

Da Rest of Da Cahd:

- Clay Guida(29-8) 5’7”, 155lbs vs Benson Henderson(14-2) 5’9”, 155lbs

- Dustin Poirier(10-1) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Pablo Garza(12-1) 6’1”, 145lbs

- Cub Swanson(15-4) 5’7”, 145lbs vs Ricardo Lamas(10-2), 5’8”, 155lbs

- Damarques Johnson(17-9) 6’1”, 170lbs vs Clay Harvison(9-4) 6’0”, 170lbs

- Norifumi Yamamoto(18-4-0, 1NC) 5’4”, 135lbs vs Darren Uyenoyama(6-3) 5’6”, 135lbs

- Mackens Semerzier(8-3) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Robert Peralta(15-3) 5’8”, 145lbs

- Alex Caceres(5-4) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Cole Escovedo(17-8) 5’8”, 135lbs

- Mike Pierce(12-4) 5’8”, 170lbs vs Paul Bradley(18-3-0, 1NC) 5’9”, 185lbs

- Aaron Rosa(16-4) 6’4”, 205lbs vs Matt Lucas(14-2) 6’ 1“, 205lbs

Last edited:
Too bad only the Velasquez fight is going to make the fox broadcast. The Bendo Guida fight might be fight of the year.

Too bad only the Velasquez fight is going to make the fox broadcast. The Bendo Guida fight might be fight of the year.

Ho Bruddah Rayan!

Mahalo fo posting ovah hea Brah!

WHAT???!!!??!! I nevah know dat FOX only going show da Velasquez vs Dos Santos fight?!!?!! What kine dat??!!! Da UFC wen sign one 7 year deal with FOX SPORTS worth $100 million per year! No make sense dat dey only going show da Main Event of da fight cahd dat dey broadcast. Shucks, Brah! Now I stay all bummed out now!

Could very well be the fight of the year, two guys with unreal conditioning, great chins and will actually go for a win at the risk of a loss... unlike a few wrestlers in MMA who like to dry hump their way to victory...

UFC Heavyweight Championship:

- Cain Velasquez(9-0) 6’1”, 240lbs vs Junior Dos Santos(13-1) 6’4”, 238lbs I'm going with the challenger JDS here. Both fighters are supremely talented and this will be a great fight. One thing that stands out to me is the stand up of JDS. Velasquez has some hands, but he had a hard time with Kongo because Kong was longer, had more reach and had better technique. Though he did beat Kongo by UD, he could have easily lost the fight as on two occasions he really got wobbly. JDS is on another level when it comes to striking, he is far better than Kongo and I think it will be the difference maker. One thing people fail to realize, because it has yet to be shown, is that JDS is a brown belt in BJJ and can hold his own on the ground. Now... if he can hold his own while getting pummeled by Velasquez's awesome GNP is yet to be seen, but he might be able to do it. I don't see this fight going to the ground at any point regardless of how good Velasquez's takedowns can be. JDS will keep this fight standing, using his reach as a buffer and will end the fight and win the title before round 3.

Da Rest of Da Cahd:

- Clay Guida(29-8) 5’7”, 155lbs vs Benson Henderson(14-2) 5’9”, 155lbs This could be an epic fight as Rayan stated earlier. Bendo is one of my favorite fighters, super talented, and very athletic. Guida is a workhorse, keeps coming at you non stop, boy has a motor I tell you. Guida did beat Pettis, who beat Bendo, but in my mind, Pettis got lucky as hell against Bendo and showed his true self against Guida. Bendo will win this one, and in possibly epic fashion as they both go at it for most of the fight until Bendo ends it with a RNC in the third round.

- Dustin Poirier(10-1) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Pablo Garza(12-1) 6’1”, 145lbs Both fighters are tall and skinny with great ground games. They are both great to watch as they will go at it until one of them taps or gets TKO'd as you can tell by their records. This could be a VERY entertaining fight, however I really think Poirer has the advantage in the stand up. He has less reach, however he is quicker and has more power than Garza. I am going with Poirer here by decision.

- Cub Swanson(15-4) 5’7”, 145lbs vs Ricardo Lamas(10-2), 5’8”, 155lbs - Another bantamweight fight that could be unreal as these two guys go all out for wins, they don't like to let the judges decide the fight. I've watched a number of each of their fights when they were in the WEC and both are excellent fighters in all aspects of the game, however I think Lamas has the edge in the stand up and Cub has the advantage on the ground. Swanson has been away from the sport for over a year and I think the rust will show in this fight. Lamas will overwhelm him in the stand up game and this fight could be over in the first round. I'm going with Lamas here. On a side note, when Cub fought Jose Aldo, it was brutal, you need to find that video!

- Damarques Johnson(17-9) 6’1”, 170lbs vs Clay Harvison(9-4) 6’0”, 170lbs - Darkness can be a beast man, he has a good amount of experience in the octagon and has excellent hands and jiujitsu and should handle Harvison rather easily. Harvison did NOT impress me at all in the one fight I saw him in a couple months ago. Not sure as to why he's fighting so soon, but could be Dana throwing Johnson a bone after getting beat by Sadollah. Either way, this will be an easy one for Johnson, he will win by TKO in the first round.

- Norifumi Yamamoto(18-4-0, 1NC) 5’4”, 135lbs vs Darren Uyenoyama(6-3) 5’6”, 135lbs - Kid Yamamoto is one of my all time favorite MMA fighters. I've been a fan since watching him fight live against Jeff Curran at Superbrawl here in Hawaii in '03. People in the crowd had heard of Curran already as he was an established fighter, and when they saw Kid walk down to the ring, I heard laughter and snickering. After the fight ended, all you heard were cheers for him as he won via UD in fairly dominant fashion. He was considered one of the best featherweights at one point, but his career has seemed to nosedive as of late as he has lost 3 of his last 4 fights. Could be his age is catching up to him and he's losing his trademark speed coupled with the fact that he took time off from MMA (from 2007-2009, in his PRIME) to pursue a shot at making the Japanese Olympic wrestling team. I have never seen Uyenoyama fight before, I only know that he is from SF fighting in Japan mainly, but now getting his shot at the big show in the UFC. I have to go with Kid Yamamoto here as I heard his training camp went VERY well and he is back to form. Uyenoyama could be in for a long night here, I'm going with Kid.

- Mackens Semerzier(8-3) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Robert Peralta(15-3) 5’8”, 145lbs - Pffft who? Coinflip says... Peralta.

- Alex Caceres(5-4) 5’9”, 145lbs vs Cole Escovedo(17-8) 5’8”, 135lbs - Though I know these two fighters, I think the fight will still suck. So while I won't flip a coin for it, I'll go with Escovedo. I don't think Bruce Leroy will ever get a win in the UFC.

- Mike Pierce(12-4) 5’8”, 170lbs vs Paul Bradley(18-3-0, 1NC) 5’9”, 185lbs - Coinflip says Pierce.

- Aaron Rosa(16-4) 6’4”, 205lbs vs Matt Lucas(14-2) 6’ 1“, 205lbs - Coinflip says Lucas.

Ho Bruddah Rayan!

WHAT???!!!??!! I nevah know dat FOX only going show da Velasquez vs Dos Santos fight?!!?!! What kine dat??!!! Da UFC wen sign one 7 year deal with FOX SPORTS worth $100 million per year! No make sense dat dey only going show da Main Event of da fight cahd dat dey broadcast. Shucks, Brah! Now I stay all bummed out now!

Yups, only one fight on Fox, rest going be on Fox.com or Facebook brah!

Ho Bruddah Rayan!

it's ok. rest of fights are going to be on facebook. For free:)

My picks are Cain over Dos Santos and Smooth over Guida (even though I like both fighters. I like that Smooth represents Christ very boldly:))

it's ok. rest of fights are going to be on facebook. For free:)

My picks are Cain over Dos Santos and Smooth over Guida (even though I like both fighters. I like that Smooth represents Christ very boldly:))

Agree with Bendo definitely, though I am on the JDS side. Good value for the betting man that I am. LoL

Agree with Bendo definitely, though I am on the JDS side. Good value for the betting man that I am. LoL

I flipped for the Cain pick. JDS is very good on ground and I think Cain will have some trouble getting him but JDS just looks slow to me.

Ok ... da latest scoop dat I heard was dat starting first thing 2012, da UFC prelim fights going be shown on FUEL TV which is owned by FOX SPORTS. Currently, FUEL TV televises MMA fights: Shark Fights 2011, Legend Fighting Championship: Reload III, and a show called Punk Payback w/Bas Rutten that's pretty funny.

Cain looked really soft at the weigh ins. He hasn't fought in a year and has been rehabbing a major shoulder injury / surgery. Before yesterday I was convinced he was going to destroy JDS with his superior cardio, JDS always slows down in the 2nd, 3rd round but now, I dunno. Gonna be a close fight, but i hope it doesn't turn out to be a normal heavyweight fight where both guys are tired with hands on their hips by the end.

Cain looked really soft at the weigh ins. He hasn't fought in a year and has been rehabbing a major shoulder injury / surgery. Before yesterday I was convinced he was going to destroy JDS with his superior cardio, JDS always slows down in the 2nd, 3rd round but now, I dunno. Gonna be a close fight, but i hope it doesn't turn out to be a normal heavyweight fight where both guys are tired with hands on their hips by the end.

I noticed da same thing, Brah! But ... in all his previous fights, Cain has nevah been ripped and shredded. Da thing with MMA, historically, da body building type fightahs get gassed pretty fast. MMA wen evolv plenny ovah da years cause you no see too many fightahs with a body builders physique like befoah. Strength and conditioning/training not focusing on traditional weight lifting and power lifting these days. Da focus now is for functional ballistic/explosive powah and speed. Plus now, da UFC doing plenny drug testing. Befoah time, plenny guys stay juicing up using steroids. Vitor Belfort, Rich Franklin, Cro Cop, Rich Franklin, Vanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddel, Rampage Jackson, Mauricio Shogun Rua, etc. ... da list of fightahs goes on and on, but they used to be huge monstahs with so much lean muscle mass! You see them now, they look all soft and get nowheare neah da muscle mass they used to have befoah!

You stay right about da layoff fo shua. Anytime one fightah has one long layoff due to injury, hahd fo say how they going perform ... especially if they don't have a couple tune up fights first. Most likely Cain's timing going be off with his striking, but he's known fo having some unreal conditioning. Junior Dos Santos does get gassed aftah a couple of rounds or so. We saw that happen in da fight against Roy Nelson. We jus have to wait and see tonight.

Last edited:
Ok ... UFC ON FOX pau hana already. WOW!!! 64 seconds is all it took for Junior Dos Santos to dethrone Cain Velasquez and become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion! No matter how much analysis you do about the fighters and their previous fights and trying to make a logical prediction, that gets thrown out once the fight starts and anything can happen! It did look like Cain was nervous in the ring before the fight started and he was apprehensive compared to how he fought his previous fights. The layoff contributed to that fo shua, but you also have to figure in the fact that you have a guy in front of you who has some monstah knockout powah in both hands! JDS caught Cain with one wicked right hand behind da ear and down went Cain. I know from first hand experience when getting hit around the ear that it can totally mess up your equilibrium. That's exactly what happened to Cain and JDS was quick to jump on him to dish out more punishment for the stoppage. My hats off to JDS! This bruddah came from poverty in Brazil and stayed away from drugs. He sold icecream on da streets and washed dishes. He's one supah humble and nice bruddah that worked hard and all of his hard work has ultimately paid off and now he is da UFC Heavyweight Champion! Good for you Brah! I'm sure Cain will get right back to training and make his way back up to title contention in da near future.

Da Clay Guida vs Benson Henderson fight was supah exciting! Guida is one tough buggah!!! Unorthodox as hell!!! "Smooth" is just too well rounded and is one tough buggah, too! He got up after being da recipient of da "Matrix Roundhouse Kick Off da Fence Kick" delivered by Anthony "Showtime" Pettis ... so you know "Smooth" is one tough bruddah! He getting his title shot against Frankie Edgar in February in Japan.

Da fightah dat I was really impressed by is Ultimate Fighter participant Alex "Bruce LeeRoy" Caceres. He has really improved since his last 2 UFC fights in which he got submitted and lost. His stand up/striking was exciting and pretty accurate and he was trying all kine submissions off his back on da ground. It was one very entertaining fight.

Dana White said that UFC ON FOX - LIVE & FREE VELASQUEZ vs DOS SANTOS wasn't part of the new FOX 7 year deal. The FOX contract starts at the beginning of da year. FOX wanted to use this fight to introduce the UFC/MMA to an audience that has never seen MMA or the UFC before to get a feel of what's to come in the next several years and that MMA fighters are highly conditioned skilled athletes competing at the highest levels of a contact sport requiring training in several different disciplines of martial arts in order to be successful in the Octagon. Dana White also mentioned that The Ultimate Fighter Brazil will be kicking off soon as well.

I'm supah stoked for MMA and what da UFC has accomplished in building up MMA which is fast becoming da hottest sport today!

Last edited:
Top Bottom