A loss to the world of music

What a fantastic guy - and a terrific legacy to leave behind as well.

On the dullest day, music will brighten it up!!

He may be gone, but he will not be forgotten by those kids!

Roberta

What a great guy! Sympathies to his friends and family.

Roberta is right though, he may be gone, but to those kids, he'll live forever!

I remember when I first saw his articles surfacing the extreme and immediate sense of joy I felt reading about what he was doing...
He will be missed. Hopefully someone is trying on his BIG pair of shoes soon

I hope his legacy and foundation live to carry on doing what he so obviously loved.

He reminded me of Mr. Brown, who was my introduction to playing music. I was 12 and walking home from school with a friend who said she had to stop by the band room to get some papers for her parents to sign so she could play a school instrument.

Mr. Brown (I don't even remember his first name) asked me what I wanted to play. When I said I was just there with my friend, he said "Did you ever want to play an instrument?" "Oh, yeah, I always wanted to play the flute!" So Mr. Brown called my parents and I was on my way to a lifetime of loving playing music. This man was such an avid advocate and recruiter that there were 75 people in the band, in a school of only 200 students.

We really need more people like Andy and Mr. Brown spreading the aloha spirit in the world. :)

What an amazing man....spreading his ukulele love and passion to the kids.....Aloha Andy, May you RIP...thank you sooo much...

Top Bottom