Kamaka Concert (HF-2) question

basilhenriques

Reaction score
View attachment 29834View attachment 29835

Is this headstock addition factory or 'Aftermarket' I've just acquired this and only just joined here so please excuse me if I'm out of order posting here..
Basil
idol.jpg

You have an orginal Kamaka white label tiki concert....it was only made several years...they say 70-74.. but I have seen a gold label 69 too...
I have had two of them before...sold one.. they are rare and can cost from 600- 1200 dollars depending on condition and sound...you got any body pics.
Hope it helps.. yes they sold them that way...
DSC00095.jpg

Last edited:
Mahalo nui, thank you so much, I indeed do have pictures (Albeit badly taken) of the body. The good lady wife's camera is Koʻo kapu for me. So notwithstanding the poor quality here are a few of those bad pictures I'm forced to accept. Of note is the fact that the internal label is GOLD.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I notice you had a post in the marketplace of selling. If it were me that would be a keeper for sure. Don't see very many of them.

Nice Pictures of your uke..it's an real early model of a tiki gold label, also, I have only seen one gold label soprano tiki, not sure many have been made..Are you really selling it?? let me know..
I notice you have a one piece back with the back extending to the heel too...a true gold label..it's a real nice condition uke..wonder How it made it all the way up there..must have a story to tell.
If you look into the soundhole up towards the neck..the neck block should have the build date on there...I would be intrested to know when it was built too..can you let me know..Mahalo..

Last edited:
I almost bought one of those suckers on eBay before I got mine! it wasn't in nearly as good shape as that one though. Beautiful!

Mahalo nui, thank you so much, I indeed do have pictures (Albeit badly taken) of the body. The good lady wife's camera is Koʻo kapu for me. So notwithstanding the poor quality here are a few of those bad pictures I'm forced to accept. Of note is the fact that the internal label is GOLD.

Ha! It's the same for me with my wife's camera too! She got the good kine camera and I basically use my cell phone. But that's okay cause I would probably break it if I did use it.

Very nice 'ukulele there. I just love the tiki.

Nice Pictures of your uke..it's an real early model of a tiki gold label, also, I have only seen one gold label soprano tiki, not sure many have been made..Are you really selling it?? let me know..
I notice you have a one piece back with the back extending to the heel too...a true gold label..it's a real nice condition uke..wonder How it made it all the way up there..must have a story to tell.
If you look into the soundhole up towards the neck..the neck block should have the build date on there...I would be intrested to know when it was built too..can you let me know..Mahalo..

MM.. No, there isn't any date information on the neck block or elsewhere, but yes I am selling it. That's not the reason I posted here, I wanted to find out it's value. As for it's provenance... It was bought in Hawaii (I know not when) by my dear friend Ron Whittaker, who's dying breath was to instruct his family to get me to value and dispose of his instruments, record and music collection and his magic props. He was my mentor into the "Magic Circle" of the Mercian Mystics. An avid fan of my band he often visited us when we were resident at the "Castaways" night club. Like Pat and myself, Ron was good friends with the Moe family and visited them in Hawaii.

My task is to get the best possible HOME for his instruments and see that they are in good and caring hands, with this in mind I do NOT propose to place any of them on E-Bay or the likes.
Ron's story can be seen HERE

As an aside, I had in my possession until last year a Kumalae ukulele Click to read about it Signed by Jonah Kumalae and made for the PPIE in 1915.

DSC00337.JPG

With regard to the Kamaka Concert Ukulele, I will entertain reasonable offers and be delighted to see it 'Go Home' and be loved and played.

Also in my possession are 5 mint condition circulated copies of "The Hawaiian Ukulele" the 50th State Royal Hawaiian Complete Modern Method (D & C Tunings)
by Kealoha Life.
ISBN 0 9506816 1 X
ASIN: 095068161X
EAN: 9780950681610
Published by Ron Whitaker..

One of these is already reserved to whomsoever buys the Kamaka.

This post and it's content will continue to honour my dear friend Ron...
Ka mâlamalama o ke Akua e ho`opuni mai iâ kâkou

Ke aloha o ke Akua e kîpuni mai iâ kâkou

Ka mana o ke Akua e ho`opakele mai iâ kâkou

e alo o ke Akua e mâlama mai iâ kâkou

Ma kahi â kâkou, e hele aku ai he Akua nô
Amene

Last edited:
Just read Ron's(Lonala) bio....he sounds like an awesome man...wow he was an prestidigitator and lei maker too..
didn't realize there was woolworths in the UK....I always thought it was amercian department store..they were really popular way back then..
I am intrested in the uke, send me a PM....Hope it gets to come back home to hawaii...no date....hmm wonder if this was a early prototype???

Last edited:
Just read Ron's(Lonala) bio....he sounds like an awesome man...wow he was an prestidigitator and lei maker too..
didn't realize there was woolworths in the UK....I always thought it was amercian department store..they were really popular way back then..
I am intrested in the uke, send me a PM....Hope it gets to come back home to hawaii...no date....hmm wonder if this was a early prototype???

The thread creator is a musician as well!!!

Top Bottom