What is a cluster of Ukuleles called??

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Look what turned up on MY doorstep yesterday?? After kick-starting our local Ukulele club a few months back, quite a few of the members became entranced with my Mainland Banjo Ukulele - so after much discussion with Mike/hoosierhiver, he despatched 4 banjo ukes to me!!

That is mine in the middle (not in the box!)

PB100004.jpg
One very happy punter - he fell in love with mine at first strum! I also gave Rob his strap - it fitted him like a glove! :D
PB100016.jpg

Now - there are another 5 people who are keen on owning a Mainland Banjo Ukulele - so maybe in the next 'clutch' there will be a maple one or a soprano one, just to be different!!

BTW - IS there a specific term for a bunch of ukes???

Cheers

Roberta

Thank you, itsme! Ohana! That sounds cute & being Hawaiian, even better!!

Being an Aussie, I am not 'up' on the Hawaiian lingo - but remember of Mahalo (more so recently because of ukes) and Aloha (also more so recently because of ukes!) from a visit to the Big Island some 20 years ago ...... shame I wasn't 'into' ukes back then, hey? I would have purchased a ship load!!! :)

CHeers

Roberta

I've always referred to mine as "my brood" or "my kin". Still means family to me.;)

And here i thought you were gonna say something like........

A large group of ukuleles is called,......."A cluster of pluckers" :uhoh:

Last edited:
I always call them "the herd"... or is that "the heard"?:)

–Lori

And here i thought you were gonna say something like........

A large group of ukuleles is called,......."A cluster of pluckers" :uhoh:

This one gets my vote.

Very nice! :)

My wife would go mad if they landed at our door - I aready have 2 Uke Banos, a Soprano, Concert, 2 acoustic guitars, mandolin and bass guitar - now that for me is an Ohano - almost like something out of The Godfather!

The Don?
Has to be my 'Baby' Lag Soprano Uke - it rules! :D

....My wife would go mad if they landed at our door ... he, he, they are all gone on to their respective owners already and very happy they all are, too!

...I always call them "the herd"... or is that "the heard"?.... LOL! Very Punny, Lori! :)

...The 'cluster of pluckers' ..... that is another good suggestion,

.....brood or kin....... very much part of the 'family'

but I think the "Ohana of Ukes" is still in the lead ..... so far...... and you MUST get a banjo uke, itsme - they are so different from normal ukes! Great fun. :)
cheers

Roberta

If a Cluster of Ukulele Players were called a "Cluster of Pluckers", would a Cluster of Ukuleles, be called "Cluster of Pluckees"? Possibly a "Cluster of Plucks"? Where is ichadwick when you need him?

I always thought it was an infestation..... No wait, that's uku's not ukuleles!

For a carefully uke player, always have a lot of humidifiers together: call it: an oasis of ukes...in the middle of a desert of thirsty people.

Top Bottom