Jake shimabukuro's ukulele

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
I was wondering is his ukulele, the one he uses in alot o videos i think its a kamaka, is his ukulele custom made?

Jake is sponsored by Kamaka so he has a couple of custom ukes. He's also supposed to have a signature model that Kamaka was going to produce and sell to the general public. Don't know if they ever got around to making them.

i foget wen was, but i thought dat dey already wen make couple of em, an have one lottery fo who can buy um too.

awww that would be such an awesome uke to have.... i dont even know if i would play it haha. just get jake's signature and put it in a glass case :p

haha that one is his baby, last time i went to his concert he had like a lackey carrying around his ukulele in this spiffy looking humidified case.

Hope this helps. This was the Signature JS Model That Kamaka was offering at the 2006 NAMM Show. This is I believe, the first one and at the time I took this photo, I can remember no one was allowed to play it or handle it. In talking with Chris Kamaka thestory was they just finished spraying it the day before they left Hawaii for the NAMM show in Cal. Obviously it's not exact to Jake's custom(s) but was offered as a signature model. I think the Japanese market ordered most of them. I haven't seen one since that show.

JAKESIGNATUREMODEL.jpg

JAKESUKULELE.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

Photo below is Jake finishing his performance at NAMM Show 2006 Acoustic Cafe. Enjoy...
NAMMShow2006007.jpg

you could buy a car with the money that that uke is worth

anybody know how much was, da ting?

I'm pretty sure they were going for around $5,000. There was a "lottery" of sorts held and 100 people were selected to get one of them. It seems to be a mystery as to whether any of them were really built or not (regardless of whether they ended up in Japan or not). Seems like one would show up in a Youtube video somewhere assuming someone purchased one to actually play as opposed to "collect".

awe man, if it was the same model as the one in the "while my guitar...." video, then i woulda been more disappointed that i didnt get one.

Hey Dom! Wassup? How you be? Mentioned to Aaron O at the NAMM show about my project. Says he's interested. Email me when you can.

Jake & Kaz are in town tonight he's playing at a relatively new venue downtown. Sound system is supposed to be one of the best in town from what I heard. Never been there but it looks pretty classy. shootz Can't wear my slippahs in, whaaat up wit dat?

Top Bottom